Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS & NOD32 Plug-in ***help***
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
I need to migrate my KMS installation to a new powerfull server. In the old server I have installed windows 2000 wks, with KMS 6.1.2 and Nod32 v.2.5 and all is OK !!
But in the new with win2003 svr, i can't enable the same configuration !!! The log write :

18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initializing NOD32 plugin..
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initializing NOD32 v2.0 interface..
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initialization failed: Cannot init scanner dll (probably because NOD32CC is stopped)
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initialization failed: Error loading scanner DLL (998)
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Server: plugin avir_nod failed to start: Error loading scanner DLL (998)
18:27:10][2368] {avir} Client: server restart failed: Engine avir_nod failed to start: Error loading scanner DLL (998)

I've asked to ESET (Italy) for the special license for KMS Windows, but they don't know anything of this.

Right....the old server enable the v.1 interface, but at least it function in some way (without scanning archive), but the new server don't enable nothing!!
Can Someone help me ??? Thanks...
  •  
peterj

have you downloaded/run the kms2nod executable from kerio's website?

i seem to remember you have to do this.
  •  
giampos

Of course......I know very well the Kerio module x Nod, but I believe that something is changed, in the latest versions of KMS, I've seen that the kerio module is no more present in the Kerio site. I need to Know the right Nod license for KMS. But both Kerio and Eset can't tell me that!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

giampos wrote on Fri, 17 February 2006 18:33

I need to migrate my KMS installation to a new powerfull server. In the old server I have installed windows 2000 wks, with KMS 6.1.2 and Nod32 v.2.5 and all is OK !!
But in the new with win2003 svr, i can't enable the same configuration !!! The log write :

18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initializing NOD32 plugin..
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initializing NOD32 v2.0 interface..
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initialization failed: Cannot init scanner dll (probably because NOD32CC is stopped)
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Nod_plugin: Initialization failed: Error loading scanner DLL (998)
18:27:10][3900] {avir} Server: plugin avir_nod failed to start: Error loading scanner DLL (998)
18:27:10][2368] {avir} Client: server restart failed: Engine avir_nod failed to start: Error loading scanner DLL (998)

I've asked to ESET (Italy) for the special license for KMS Windows, but they don't know anything of this.

Right....the old server enable the v.1 interface, but at least it function in some way (without scanning archive), but the new server don't enable nothing!!
Can Someone help me ??? Thanks...

This appears to be a bug in NOD32 when running on Windows 2003. Please make sure that you are using latest NOD version 2.51.20.
Details about installations and needed licenses can be found in KB article: http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=344

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=344
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

giampos wrote on Sat, 18 February 2006 09:37

Of course......I know very well the Kerio module x Nod, but I believe that something is changed, in the latest versions of KMS, I've seen that the kerio module is no more present in the Kerio site. I need to Know the right Nod license for KMS. But both Kerio and Eset can't tell me that!

This additional module is necessary only for NOD32 1.0 or trial versions of NOD32. Standard (commercial) version of NOD32 2.0 requires a special license file for "NOD32 for Kerio MailServer" or "NOD32 for Kerio Winroute". Please ask your local Eset distributor for details.

Standard license (username/password) will not work with Kerio in NOD32 2.0.
  •  
giampos

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sat, 18 February 2006 14:36

Standard (commercial) version of NOD32 2.0 requires a special license file for "NOD32 for Kerio MailServer" or "NOD32 for Kerio Winroute". Please ask your local Eset distributor for details.
Standard license (username/password) will not work with Kerio in NOD32 2.0.

How described, I've already asked to my local Eset distributor, but they don't know nothing about special license of Nod x KMS (windows)......I will ask again..........

peraphs....I have already understand the mean of "$$$$$$pecial license".

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Forwarding SPAM? Why?
Next Topic: Port Question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:33:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.