Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » limits on OSX
  •  
iigs

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We're currently considering replacing our mailserver and I'm just wondering if my expectations are realistic. I'll be expecting to host 4 domains for 200 users in total and be requiring mailbox sizes of 2gb. We'll be accessing from both Macs and Outlook and webmail. I really need to allow for a total mailstore size of in excess of 1tb is ths possible with Kerio?

thanks,

ii

•  
iigs

Can nobody here answer this?

thanks
  •  
mrFreeZe

Hello iigs,

We run a 4 domain, 100 user kerio mailserver. We upgraded last year, from Win2000+Exch2000 to a Xserve-G5 2.8DP with currently Kerio 6.1.3 with a total storage of 600GB.

There are as far as i know, no functional limitations in comparisation with Kerio on a Windows platform.

Though, in comparisation with exchange, Kerio is considerably slower with Outlook (with the Kerio Outlook Connector), and you also loose the "offline" capabilities of Outlook. Kerio has a offline sync-tool, but it still doesn't compare to Exchange.

On the other hand, the webmail functionality and speed is good.

What do you want to know furthermore?
  •  
iigs

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have the trial version running on a Dual 1 gig G4 and it seems to be running very well. What is really concerning me is will Kerio be able to cope with 60 or so mailboxes of 2Gb in size on a dual Xserve. We will have 30 or so Outlook users, 20 Webmail only users and probably 10 imap users. The server would be Dual XServe G5 with 4Gb Ram and 3 500Gb drives with the hardware RAID card initially.

Thanks,

iigs
  •  
g.otto

I am running 20 users with KMS 6.1.3 + AntiVirus on a Dual G5 xServe 4GB RAM RAID card 3 400GB Drives. Aside from running KMS, it runs, NUTD, FMP8 Server Advance, FTP Rumpus, ect. and the processors hardly even flinch. I have some users with 8GB of email in "exchange" mode. The only time that it is a drag is if the mailbox needs to be rebuilt. It is then that performance sucks, but I do not believe that has anything to do with the server as during the synching process the processors are still pretty idle.
Previous Topic: Error in webmail using firefox 1.5.0.1
Next Topic: 1 domain with AD and 2 mail domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:39:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.