Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » newbie problems with VPN
  •  
sydkahn

Send a private message to this user
I have a home network with a "test" WIN2k3 server set up raw to the internet outside the router.

I am evalating Winroute primarily as a VPN solution.

The machine is not a domain controller nor connected to one, so I put a few users in the local kerio userbase and tried both the clientless and client based connections. Always I recieved Login failed. Tried both Local and from another computer. The page is displayed so theserver seems to be working.

I made sure that there were local machine users defined that matched the kerio users, and rebooted and stopped / started the serice a few times to see if that would affect the outcome.

I am stumped - any ideas?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Please edit one of these users and check the Righs tab. On the Rights tab for the users, did you check the box to allow them VPN access?

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
sydkahn

Yes I gave each user all the priv's IU could find.

I even moved the route (web->vpn) to the top of the list... still no joy.

I was wondering about the user privs - there is an underlying local system account that matches each of the logins - is there a way to have that account be the authentcator? That is without active directory...

I want to keep this simple - time is money and I do not want to waste a lot getting this set up, and distracting from other projects. Might there be a tutorial for newbies how to install/setup without an active directory...

Previous Topic: Bulk Hours or Quota Hours Package for Users.
Next Topic: I can't browse the internet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:52:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00348 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.