Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Cant ping the firewall HELP!!!
  •  
blacKseA

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I got everything setup and right now none of the client PC's can ping 192.168.1.1

My setup

Belkin ADSL Wireless Modem/Router (192.168.1.254
|
Keiro Gateway (Two NIC's - External WAN (192.168.1.253); Firewall (192.168.1.1)

All other computers wirelessley connect.

DHCP server on the router is turned off and I got the scope set as advised on the guide (192.168.1.10 - 192.168.2.252)

All clients can get an IP address from Keiro but none can PING the damn 192.168.1.1

Any ideas? Also I didnt set any proxy server details on IE as the guide said the DHCP will provide the address directly or the browser will detect it?

The internet is working fine on the Keiro box!

What am I doing wrong??

PLS HELP!! TIA

[Updated on: Sun, 19 February 2006 07:52]

•  
blacKseA

Also I was just testing the Keiro by stopping the Keiro service and I was able to ping from one of my Client pc's (ofcourse the client pc's were statically set)

Also some kind of misconfig I've done which is blocking the PING?
without pinging how can the client reach the proxy server?!?

What am I missing here?
  •  
feite

Both LAN and WAN use the same ip range. Change the internal range to something else (like 192.168.2.x). Also make sure you have a traffic rule that allows ICMP traffic from LAN to firewall. To browse the internet setting the proxy of ie to the firewall and enabling the proxy is enough. You do not have to be able to ping the firewall for that. Ping is just one of the many protocols
Previous Topic: Error Log sent too long http-response
Next Topic: Bulk Hours or Quota Hours Package for Users.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:17:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.