Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New to Kerio - Have some questions
  •  
jadam

Send a private message to this user
I am unable to get the server-sided rules to function at all. I have set up several in numerous ways (similar to the old way using local rules) and none of them work. I am on the latest version of Kerio and the Outlook KOC.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have a default folder called contact in the public folders that I do not want. I cannot delete it or rename it.

I've tried to delete it from the directory (directly) but it keeps reappearing.

Thanks,
Joe
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jadam wrote on Mon, 20 February 2006 16:23

I am unable to get the server-sided rules to function at all. I have set up several in numerous ways (similar to the old way using local rules) and none of them work. I am on the latest version of Kerio and the Outlook KOC.

server mail rules in Outlook are not supported. You need to define mail filter in KOC settings. See
http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=27260&s rch=server+rules#msg_27260

Quote:

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I have a default folder called contact in the public folders that I do not want. I cannot delete it or rename it.

I've tried to delete it from the directory (directly) but it keeps reappearing.

Thanks,
Joe

The answer is here:
http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=32551
  •  
jadam

I guess I am more confused then ever. I was under the impresson that Kerio allowed for rules but only on the server side.

When I look at my options under Outlook 2003 and do not see a tab with the Kerio symbol that says rules.

I can make a rule on the web based side of Kerio but the rule does not work.

So where do I create a rule and how do I get it to work?

Thanks,
Joe
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Use the root folder options dialog to create rules for incoming messages in Outlook (right-click the Kerio Outlook Connector root's → Kerio Outlook Connector Properties folder).

More details in manual:
http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch30s10.html
  •  
jadam

Unfortunately that doesn't make any sense. When I go to Tools -> Options I do not see a Rules tab.

When I go to Tools -> Rules and Alerts, I do not see a Kerio tab for rules.

So where would it be located at?

Thanks,
Joe
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I didn't say that it is in Tools -> Options.

Just look at the folder tree on the left and right-click the Kerio Outlook Connector root's → Kerio Outlook Connector Properties folder.
  •  
jadam

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 20 February 2006 11:15

I didn't say that it is in Tools -> Options.

Just look at the folder tree on the left and right-click the Kerio Outlook Connector root's → Kerio Outlook Connector Properties folder.

Ok, understand what you are saying now. I show the same rules that I established on the web side but they do not work. No mail is filtered or moved to the folders that I have setup.

I'm sure the rules are valid as if I create them locally and manually run them, they will move the mail as the rule indicates.

Thanks,
Joe
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The rules cannot be applied to emails already stored in the mailbox. They are effective only on new emails that come to the mailbox.

•  
jadam

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 20 February 2006 11:26

The rules cannot be applied to emails already stored in the mailbox. They are effective only on new emails that come to the mailbox.

I understand that part, they are still failing to follow the rules though on new mail.

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Call the US office at 408 496 4500. One of us will start a WebEx session with you, and show you what you need to do.

Cheers,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
jadam

Sorry for the delay, I've got the rules working.

I do have one additional question. When I log into the web admin, it shows I only have 6 or 7 users in the list but I have almost 70 setup. I've confirmed that the users have been published.

Any ideas why they would not show up in the admin area?

Thanks,
Joe
  •  
Simon Barr

Hi,

Could I ask what you did to get the rules working? I'm having problem here with them, I've even tried deleting and recreating them.

And, yes, I'm using the Kerio rules not the Outlook ones before anyone asks :-).

Cheers,

Simon.
Previous Topic: Entourage - IMAP accounts having difficulty downloading all messages from Sent Items
Next Topic: Some messages remained in mail queue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:28:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.