Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » the cheapest AV solution for KMS ?
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
....if I manage a lan,for example, of 100 Pc, at first I have to buy 100 linceses of a corporate AV solution ($2500-$3000 per year), then I use KMS and KWF and I have to buy these licenses. OK it's all right !! But it's possible I have to buy another 100 AV licenses for mail server and another 100 AV licenses for firewall ?????
I've calculate, the medium cost of a AV solution for 100 mailboxes is near $800-900, It's crazy. Someone know a cheaper solution, awaiting ClamAV or ClamWin support?
  •  
abubin

if really depends on how you run your LAN.

Here is what I think is best balance between cost and AV.

Get AV for all desktops with network editions so that you can manage them from your PC. This is essentially the last line of defence on user's PC but it does get most of the virus.

Get free AV for your email server. For eg, ClamAV essentially free for linux. There are already ported version of it on Windows if I am not mistaken. You can find the link at ClamAV site if they exist.

Get free AV for your firewall. Firewalls are best run on linux. Windows based firewall is waste of money and time to run and maintain.

Not a perfect solution but solve a lot of money issues.
  •  
giampos

abubin wrote on Tue, 21 February 2006 03:48

Get free AV for your email server. For eg, ClamAV essentially free for linux. There are already ported version of it on Windows if I am not mistaken. You can find the link at ClamAV site if they exist.

Get free AV for your firewall. Firewalls are best run on linux. Windows based firewall is waste of money and time to run and maintain.

Not a perfect solution but solve a lot of money issues.

Very interesting !! Have you configured KMS and KWF with ClamAV or ClamWin ???? Can You tell me how ? I know theese AV are not supported by Kerio !
  •  
carlPjohnson

I would recommend CA eTrust for the FW and Mailserver because the way CA licenses is awesome!! Bascially it is NOT per user but per device so say you have 1 mail server with 1000 users, that is 1 license and the same goes for the FW. I have used CA for about 3 years and have been VERY happy and when you call support someone actually answers the phone, amazing!!
  •  
carlPjohnson

Let me make one clarification, now this is true IF you already have the users in your network licensed on CA eTrust.
  •  
winkelman

If you have virsu-scanning on KWF you don't need it on KMS if you ensure mail passes through KWF enroute to/from KMS. KWF can then handle the virusscanning of mail messages.

That's how I run it here (KMS and KWF are on the same machine).
  •  
giampos

carlPjohnson wrote on Tue, 21 February 2006 17:24

I would recommend CA eTrust for the FW and Mailserver because the way CA licenses is awesome!! Bascially it is NOT per user but per device so say you have 1 mail server with 1000 users, that is 1 license and the same goes for the FW. I have used CA for about 3 years and have been VERY happy and when you call support someone actually answers the phone, amazing!!

Good solution !!! Thanks, I've already installed a trial version and all is good!! The licensing too !! It's possible to buy only 1 pc license to install on KMS and KWF for xxxxxx.....users!!
Previous Topic: KMS with Sophos, Update IDE question
Next Topic: Entourage 2004 Contacts and Public Folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:43:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.