Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delete email using IMAP
  •  
goncalo

Send a private message to this user
Hello!
Recently i have purchase Kerio to my company, now I have some problems doing what I want, so I’m counting with your experience to work this out.
The problem is working offline.
Some workers have notebooks, and use them several occasions outside the company, sometimes they need to consult the email but they don’t have ant connections service, so they have to work offline.
The solution I read and accomplish was creating profiles. One profile has the MAPI count and the other have the IMAP.
The problem was synchronizing the IMAP, people forget to use that profile to synchronize and when they need the information they don’t have it. So i establish the IMAP as the default profile, the problem is to delete email. Outlook or Kerio, simply scratched out the email, but don’t really delete it from the server.
Those anyone help me solve the problem

Thanks

•  
sedell

That's how IMAP works. Some e-mail clients will go the next step and move it into a deleted items folder and purge for you, but not all. Especially Outlook. The IMAP support in Outlook isn't the greatest by far. It doesn't do anything other than marking as deleted (put a line through the message). To get rid of the messages, you have to purge the foler. With the folder you want to purge selected, click Edit -> Purge Deleted Messages. In webmail, you can right-click on a folder and select Expunge folder.

Scott
  •  
goncalo

Thanks!
Outlook really sucks sometimes! This information’s it’s all I need.
Thy Sall Purge!!!
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

You may wish to view the following page as it has more information regarding IMAP and deleting messages:

http://people.kerio.com/kwhittaker/IMAP_Issues.html

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
goncalo

Yes it was very useful!
This solves future problems 
Thaks a lot!
Previous Topic: Empty mail when ยค is used
Next Topic: Host multible domains and contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 14:02:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.