Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issue with timestamps in the logs
  •  
JerkyChew

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm running KMS 6.1.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. I'm running into an issue where the timestamps on the logs in the KMS admin are five hours ahead - In other words, I send an email at 8:30 AM, but it's showing up in the mail logs as being sent at 1:30 PM. The time settings on the server are correct, and I can't find anywhere in the KMS admin to change this setting.

How can I fix this?

•  
winkelman

Is the Time Zone correctly configured on the server?
  •  
JerkyChew

I just ran timeconfig on the server, and as far as Red Hat is concerned, it's EST. Is there a setting in Kerio that I can't seem to find? I searched the docs and can't find anything.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

There is no "setting" that Kerio uses to time stamp the logs, it simply uses the time from the operating system. Open a terminal session and run the 'date' command, for example:

server1 [/etc]# date
Tue Feb 21 14:35:02 PST 2006

Please provide the output of the date command on your server

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2006 23:45]

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
JerkyChew

Hi,

That doesn't seem to be it. The date is correct:

[root<_at_>mycomputer ~]# date
Tue Feb 21 17:51:48 EST 2006
[root<_at_>mycomputer ~]#

Any other ideas?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Copy something out of your log that you know is from within the past 5 minutes and paste that here.

The easiest way to produce something in your log is to login to the Webmail interface, but provide the wrong password for a user. Then check your warning log, and paste the output from the "Invalid password for user..." line.

Also I would like to verify, you are running the date command from the Kerio MailServer machine, correct?

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
JerkyChew

Hi,

I stopped and started the keriomailserver service yesterday for another issue, and it looks like the timestamps are now working. Thanks for the help.

Matt
Previous Topic: Can Kerio use another mail server
Next Topic: KMS 6.1.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:32:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.