Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sorting Rule for Public Folder
  •  
MacSuperSonic

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody.

I have installed KMS 6.1.2 on an Xserve G4 10.4.

To access a public mailbox from every user I have created an alias in the domain settings. In this alias defined a folder to store the received mails in. So the KMS receives a mail from the user "public<_at_>domain.de" and stores the mails in a public Folder "mail-for-public" on the server.

So everyone on the server can access this folder (which ist located in the Public Folder of the domain) an read the messages, move it oder delete it. The only Problem is the SPAM in the folder. KMS marks the spammail in the folder correctly with "**SPAM**", but they are still in the folder.

So how can i create a rule on the server, which looks in the folder "mail-for-public", and moves all the messages with "**SPAM**" in the subject to an other folder?

Greetz
Daniel, GER
  •  
peterj

I had this problem when using aliases.

The problem is that the sieve rules cannot be applied to public folders so although the mail is marked as spam it is not removed as this is the function of the rules on individual user mailboxes.

What i did to resolve this was:

create another dummy user account called 'sorting user' and pointed all my public folder aliases to this account.

I then created rules as follows:

1) delete/move the spam mail from the inbox and then stop processing rules

2) (If the first rule didn't apply) move the mail to the relevant public folder (based on the TO: address of the mail)

This way you get the spam filtered mail only put in the public folder.

HTH
  •  
MacSuperSonic

peterj wrote on Wed, 22 February 2006 12:46

1) delete/move the spam mail from the inbox and then stop processing rules

This way you get the spam filtered mail only put in the public folder.

OK .. that sounds good. But one point:

Wenn a message is marked as SPAM, but it shouldn't be SPAM, I didn't see the mail in the public folder :-(

So i have to login the catch-account, an look in the SPAM folder to see if there's a message which shouldn't be there.

Any suggestions to move the SPAM from the catch-account's SPAM Folder, to a public folder?

Greetz
Daniel, GER
  •  
MacSuperSonic

Ok another problem:

When a sender mails a message to himself, an put's our eMail adress in the BBC field, i couldn't filter it out:

to: test<_at_>firm.com

I have to look what's in the "X-Envelope-to" field of a message, but in the filter dialog of the webmail, I can only search in the "to" field :-( Who could I filter the message, by the "x-envelope-to" field of a message? By manually programming the filter, but what's the correct syntax for that?

Greetz
Daniel, GER

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2006 14:17]

Previous Topic: shared public calendar sort of works
Next Topic: Can Kerio use another mail server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:51:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00858 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.