Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Hide or replace X-Mailer info in header - How?
  •  
Pogan

Send a private message to this user
If I sending mail through Kerio SMTP service (25 port or Webmail interface), in resulting mail next few strings appears

Message-ID: <20060226124450.89ff85e3<_at_>mail>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:44:50 +0300
X-Mailer: Kerio MailServer 6.1.2 WebMail

How I can to replace or hide strings from Header?
All "security" options like Advanced Options Hide IP, Hide server name etc. on.

Thank you.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2006 13:52]

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Kerio MailServer currently does not have this option. I've filed a feature request for you.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
mbox

I was wondering about this too. Although we can disable "Show program name and version in network communication for non-authenticated users", to provide some extra security, we cannot disable the X-Mailer header.
  •  
TorW

Why do you consider showing the X-Mailer header an insecurity? Just curious ...
  •  
mbox

TorW wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 09:53
Why do you consider showing the X-Mailer header an insecurity?

The software and version you're running is one piece of information of possible interest to a hacker. To tailor an attack, it's useful to first know what software you're running. Secondly, this information doesn't need to be exposed. Google "security hide version".
  •  
Kraken

Are you missing critical functionality proposed by users to Kerio which Kerio doesn't care about?[ 4 votes ]
1.Yes 2 / 50%
2.No 2 / 50%

Sooo, if I am looking at my watch right, its 11 YEARS later and the option to disable X-mailer in the header is still missing.
Great work guys, really. Is there any slower company to implement new functionality proposed by its users?
I have been watching this forum for a while now and so many users are missing critical parts like "user renaming" (this request is also a couple of years old), etc. You really don't care about what users want, am I right?

•  
Radek Sip (Kerio)

Kraken, this feature exists since Kerio Connect 9.0 (released November 18, 2015)
You can remove any header via server rules.

http://kb.kerio.com/1831
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aof2H495AhW5iNogU0RNTsBTWD-1Ew

Have a nice day.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 February 2017 09:13]

Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: Finding a Message in Kerio Archives
Next Topic: Chat function in 9.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jun 24 07:13:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.