Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio and Exchange/Outlook
  •  
r.aerts

Send a private message to this user
Hi!
My internal W2K3-network is connected with the Internet by a server running Kerio Winroute Firewall.

I have several people that are working with notebooks internal and external. When they are external they can use VPN-client to connect with the office. But they can not reach the Exchange-server. Outlook is configured for internal use: Exchange-server=server3. But via VPN we can not reach the dis-name "server3", only the ip-adres. The problem is that Outlook resolves the ip-adres back to "server3" and we can not connect.

I hope that someone understands me, cause my problem is not verywell discribed. Can someone help me?

Thx...
  •  
r.aerts

I think that my problem is solved when my DNS-servers can resolve the Ip-adres that kerio gives the VPN-clients. How can I establish that?
  •  
winkelman

Easy solution:
If you change the outlook setting to point towards the IP instead of 'server3' you should be ok (since you can reach the servers IP address once connected with VPN).
  •  
hhred

hi

first sorry my poor english, still keep trying ...

try this:

open dos box (cmd.exe)
goto to the etc directory:
cd %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc
look for files with "lmhosts" in the filename:
dir lmhosts.*

if there is only the lmosts sample file (lmhosts.sam) copy
this file to a file without extension !
copy lmhosts.sam lmhosts. << note the "." at the end >>

edit the lmhosts.
notepad lmhosts.

now read the example, then insert your configuration, e.g.:

192.168.168.3 server3.company.com #PRE #DOM:maildomain
192.168.168.3 server3

in the above example, line one inserts the fqdn and also instructs windows to preload (#PRE) the name (load before login) and also tells windows (#DOM) that this is a domainmaster of the exampledomain "maildomain"
note that the #PRE and #DOM are optional, but it is important that you use the internal ip Adresses (seen after establishing the vpn tunnel)

line two also associates the netbios name with the internal ip address.

i use this in serveral configurations without any problem

ps: if you have more than one domain / exchange servers you can use multiple lines with the #PRE and/or #DOM statement
Previous Topic: forbid downloads mail attachement
Next Topic: Kerio 6.1.4 patch 2 big problem with Server 2003
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:57:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.