Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MAPI vs IMAP
  •  
RPC_Admin

Send a private message to this user
Ok, so it seems most issues people see with Kerio is in the Outlook connector (MAPI). Seems the people who are running IMAP are doing great. What advantage is there to MAPI over IMAP? I am thinking about dropping the outlook connector and going completely IMAP. Will I lose anything? Am I offbase to think IMAP is working better? Thanks!
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

That's like comparing Apples to Oranges. MAPI is a full groupware protocol, where is IMAP is only a Mail protocol.

So if you need Calendaring, Contact functionality, Tasks, server side mail filters, etc, then you need to use MAPI.

If you just need mail functionality, IMAP is a possible route.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
RPC_Admin

Would it be possible to somehow run MAPI to get the group functionality and IMAP to get the email. Obviously I could run an IMAP and a MAPI connection in outlook at the same time but, I guess you would need to somehow separate the email from the groupware functions in MAPI. Othwise I will have two listings of my inbox
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I would mention the Kerio Synchronization Plugin here, but to be perfectly honest I would not recommend it right now. First it has some issues which we are currently working on resolving. The other thing to note is that KSP only supports syncing of 4 specific folders, the user's personal Contacts and Caledar folder, and the Public Contacts and Calendar folder. It does not support server side mail filters, it does not support Tasks or Notes, and it only supports syncing of those 4 specific folders.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Connections to the mailserver client
Next Topic: It is necessary to apply a static public ip to build up a mail server ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 02:00:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.