Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.1.3 official released
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
j.turley wrote on Wed, 01 March 2006 12:23

TNEF decoder - FANTASTIC!!!!

Sorry ...for my ignorance ....but.....what's "TNEF decoder" ?????
  •  
Lyle M

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/TNEF.html

When you see a winmail.dat attachment on an e-mail you're talking TNEF. To date, we have been blocking winmail.dat files to punish Exchange/Outlook users for sending proprietary stuff our way. Perhaps now I can be a nicer mail admin... Perhaps.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
The1st

halma wrote on Wed, 01 March 2006 22:46

Yep, it works fine here.

200 users stil working :)

With 20 KOC users, all fine.

Greetings,

Arjen

Strange.. I installed this new version 6.1.3 onto 2 different mailservers (update from 6.1.2) and must roll back to 6.1.2 due to user's claims: it takes some time 1-5 minutes to display incoming (or forwarded) message with attached file(s). It impossible to work so slowly say all of them..

one server = 25 users total
another server = 30 users total
server OS = w2k3 sp1
clients OS= WinXP SP2 + KOC + MS OL XP SP3 or MS OL 2003 sp2

I have no idea how to speed it up :(

/Vladislav
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

KOC was updated to 6.1.3, correct?

What attachments? By 'to display' do you mean 'Click on message in Outlook' and then 1-5 minutes later it renders? Or something else?

Please provide any other information you have.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
The1st

Quote:

KOC was updated to 6.1.3, correct?

Yes.
Updater in this version much better than it used to be before. Only few users colud stop update process so skilled as to break downloaded KOC's files and make impossible automatic update in the future ;). I installed KOC on that PC manually.
No installation errors were displayed.
Quote:

What attachments? By 'to display' do you mean 'Click on message in Outlook' and then 1-5 minutes later it renders? Or something else?

first exampe:
user ran OL, goto in "inbox" (all msgs usually sorted by "received" ), moving from first letter to last step by step and read it in "preview frame". When he moved to the next msg with attach, OL hangs for a while , than display msg's body in preview frame. As said one user: "I feel it quite slow down when I use any kind of message sorting. I really feel it"
After roll-back to the 6.1.2 all these drags gone.

second example:
user forwards sent message with attached 10 Excel files 35-60 kb each to other recipient. New message with those 10 files is opened and.. "application doesn't respond" for 3 min.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 March 2006 21:06]

/Vladislav
  •  
zakifataya

We're having a similar problem. Outlook users in a remote office complaining it takes forever to open attachments. They have a full T-1; we have a 3MB connection. Server is not under undue load, connections aren't saturated. Server has gigabit ethernet.

Is this typical? I can't imagine it would be.
  •  
peterj

Yes, it is typical of KOC.

Can you remote users use webmail interface instead?
  •  
zakifataya

Would that also happen with an Exchange Server? In other words, is it due to the nature of the Exchange way of handling mail, or is it a problem with KOC specifically?

Would this happen if I switched to IMAP instead?
  •  
aapii

Any updates on this? Does this still happens? I wanted to make sure that before I upgrade to 6.1.3?

Thanks for any feedback.
Previous Topic: KOC offline
Next Topic: Two personal calendars show up on my account
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 10:54:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.