Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Wireless setup
  •  
ebatte

Send a private message to this user
Can someone point me to the right direction?

I have a wireless router behind the firewall and I want to allow clients to connect wirelessly via winroute to the internet with ease.

What is the best method of handling IP addresses, DHCP, etc. so that users can just plu & play. Assume that I will have visiting users who are not typically part of the domain.

Thanks,
Eric
  •  
feite

Let Kerio assign ip addresses to the client with its DHCP server. Also specify the default gateway in the DHCP settings so it points to the firewall. Configure the access point as a bridge.
  •  
ebatte

Thanks...but,
My wireless access point manual says:

"Select Wireless Bridge to create a wireless connection between two or more wired networks. This mode connects the physically separated, wired networks using multiple access points. In the Remote Wireless Bridge¡¦s LAN MAC Addresses fields, enter the LAN MAC addresses of the remote access points."

Then:
"IMPORTANT: In Wireless Bridge mode, the Access
Point can ONLY be accessed by another access point
in Wireless Bridge mode. In order for your other
wireless devices to access the Access Point, you
must reset it to Access Point mode. The two modes
are mutually exclusive."

I'm not really connecting 2 wired networks via wireless, so is this really what you meant?
  •  
feite

No. My access point can function as a bridge. A wireless client is part of the lan without seeing the access point. If I run a traceroute from the client the access point is not visible.
Previous Topic: Error: sent too long http-response
Next Topic: Webcam/Audio on MSN with 6.1.3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:02:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.