Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC autoupdate
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
I've upgraded the Kerio Mailserver to 6.1.3 release yesterday and today I open Outlook with KOC 6.1.2 thinking to see "something" like "process update of KOC" or whatever.
Nothing happened and if i check the KOC version it still say 6.1.3.
Am I missing something? What's the procedure for the KOC autoupdate?
thanx
  •  
winkelman

Normally you'd start Outlook, it will tell you there is an update and it will install this update and close Outlook again. Then you start Outlook once more and you're done.

(Or something similar)
  •  
maxreefer

well actually i was waiting for that but still no updates.
In this state (koc 6.1.2 and mailserver 6.1.3) i can work on outlook with KOC but very slow, plus if i go into KOC connections panel it gives me "connection error"
All these test are done on Outlook XP(2002)
I've just tried to do the same on another pc with outlook2000 and the result is different:
the process udate start as soon as i start Outlook2000, it gives me an error but it goes on till it says "restart outlook".
I restart outlook but it fails to open with a phrase "unable to open information archive" and it doesn't even start.
any idea?
bug?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 March 2006 12:41]

•  
rencorp

Am i right in thinking that the auto-update to KOC only works if you are running the Kerio http service on port 80 ? I am using a different port number and never see the update message on my LAN PC's - I have to manually install the latest KOC from the website.

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

Kerio Certified Business Partner - Messaging
  •  
maxreefer

i really hope not ... i'm using 8080 instead of 80 for many reason
  •  
winkelman

rencorp wrote on Fri, 03 March 2006 12:46

only works if you are running the Kerio http service on port 80

I believe so...

A small voice in me says this was fixed since some few versions back and KOC autoupdate could be run on a different port with some registry setting or something similar.

If I were you I'd submit a ticket.
  •  
rencorp

Ticket submitted - I'll try to remember to post the support response ...

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

•  
rencorp

Ok, got a response from Kerio UK tech support ...

I quote from their email (including spelling mistake ;-) :-

"Under KOC properties -> Advacned -> Advanced change the HTTP port to the correct one. This needs to be done for each machine."

Just tried it on a PC here. Changed the setting as advised, saved it, and restarted Outlook. It immediately gave a pop-up box that said there was a KOC update available and did I want to install it. Clicked on the Yes button. KOC software automatically downloaded and Outlook shutdown. restarted Outlook, and checked the KOC properties - 6.1.3.

Sorted.

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

•  
maxreefer

Ok thanx, everything's ok after port changed.
Previous Topic: KMS supporting Symantec Client Security ?
Next Topic: Error php_utils.cpp: webmail openFolder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:46:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.