Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delete users email
  •  
ograv226

Send a private message to this user
I am using kerio 5.7.10 on a linux box and if I remove an account in the kerio admin or via active directory the user account gets removed from the user list in the kerio admin but the mail on the server remains.

There mail doesn't get removed from the server which is located in:

/usr/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/domain.com/username

If I remove it manually from the command line kerio dies and I have to run the rebuild-db and rebuild-queue script to make kerio happy again.

Does anyone have a script or method for removing users mail after they are removed from the admin that doesn't kill kerio?

Thanks In Advance

•  
Kerio_jthomas

That version is so old, you should put it down like an old horse Laughing

Seriously, get on the latest version. Odds are no one here is using 5.x anymore. Heck, I haven't even worked with 5.x in over a year.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
ograv226

Unfortunitaly it can't be upgraded. It was a custom compile and upgrading can't be done. We are going to install a newer version on another server in a few months and move all the data over but I need to keep using it untill then. Any ideas or help would be gretaly appreciated.

Thanks
  •  
giampos

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Fri, 03 March 2006 18:40

That version is so old, you should put it down like an old horse :lol:

Seriously, get on the latest version. Odds are no one here is using 5.x anymore. Heck, I haven't even worked with 5.x in over a year.

....sure???? I have a 240users installation with v.5.7.10 with pop and imap services. V. 6.x.x is only for testing since 1 year, I didn't have courage until now to upgrade, I think I will upgrade this month to the 6.1.2/3 releases, that seems at last good and stable.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Custom compile? That sounds strange. Almost all KMS 5.x installations can be seamlessly upgraded to KMS 6.

Anyway, you have to stop KMS if you want to remove emails from deleted user.

Kerio MailServer 6.1.x offers an option what to do with user mailbox if the user is being deleted. You can leave it as is (same as in KMS 5.x), move all user folders to another user or delete mailbox.
Previous Topic: Notes not working (Outlook 2003)
Next Topic: no support for group mailboxes?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:06:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.