Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar Events Labels and Outlook/Entourage
  •  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
We are investigating replacing our current email server with Kerio Mail and standardizing on a combination of Microsoft Outlook/Entourage for client email apps. As part of this setup, we would rely quite heavily on the calendaring part of Kerio. However, in my testing I have been unable to get event labels to carry over between Outlook/Entourage and the webmail interface. If I assign a particular label (ie business) to an event in Outlook, it does not carry over with the event to the web interface. When the same event appears in the web mail interface, it has no label. The same happens when creating an event in the web mail interface, and then viewing it in Outlook. I even made sure that identical labels existed in each interface.

Calendar labels are very important for our company. Especially if my employees are going to have to rely on the web interface for when they are on business trips, away from their PC's. Is there a solution to this problem that I am missing?
  •  
Anonymous
I tested creating events in both Outlook and WebMail and setting labels and categories. Both information are being transferred in both directions. Labels and categories are not synchronized with Entourage because it is a limitation of Entourage. Entourage does not even synchronize categories with other Entourage or Outlook users using Exchange.

Make sure you are using the Kerio Outlook Connector with your Outlook. If you're still having problem feel free to contact support.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 March 2006 23:21] by Moderator

•  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
Here is a thought. It may be way off base, but a thought none-the-less. According to a Kerio tech support, the reason categories are not synched between Entourage and Kerio MailServer, is because the category info is not passed on in the XML that is used during synching. According to Microsoft, and others, one of Entourage's main features is it's extensive applescript abilities. My applescripting is very limited, as I have only created a few scripts, and with extensive help. However, what would be the possibilities of creating a script that told Entourage to pass and receive that particular information during the synch process? Is this going beyond the capabilities of Applescript. It would seem to me that this would just about make the feature mirroring between Entourage and Outlook complete.
Previous Topic: Default SMTP Port
Next Topic: If the KMS license expired....
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 04:52:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.