Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users have 2 email address
  •  
JayLevine

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am looking at email server alternatives.

The prime issue for my client is that they operate 2 different companies. Many people send email using 2 different email addresses.

Also, all email for both needs to be in the same inbox!

I am wondering if Mailserver can handles this? Is there a way with Outlook to deal with this?

What about webmail?

Are replies handled correctly? Meaning email received to user<_at_>companyb.com when replied to has the companyb.com email address, and vice versa.

Thanks.

Jay

•  
JayLevine

•  
rencorp

mmm, shame no-one answered yet as I have a customer who I am trying to sell Kerio to as part of a major systems upgrade. They have the requirement for 3 domains, so it fits in with your original request.

Anyway, got to thinking how I could integrate Kerio in their environment (they are currently using Vpop3 with Outlook), just in case they sign on the dotted line.

Not sure whether I would be too concerned about primary and secondary domains as they would probably want to use a shared contacts list between the 3 domains.

Incoming email is via POP3. Using the download rules, all domain POP boxes can be interrogated and downloaded into specific user mailboxes. This is how you can get all the emails from all the domains into one Inbox for a user. I guess that as long as the user has all the relevant aliases set up for their email addresses, then incoming SMTP would work in the same way.

If you have all the aliases set up on a user account, then certainly within Webmail (haven't tried Outlook, yuck), you have the option of which email address you are sending the email as. Simply pick the right one from the pull-down list at the top of the new email window. This will then send the email as that address, thus allowing replies to be handled correctly etc.

I think that covers your original question. Pretty sure I could get it to work for my customer, so you should be able to do the same. Might be worth opening a support ticket just in case, to get the official Kerio support version of this. They might have a better/neater solution.

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

Kerio Certified Business Partner - Messaging
  •  
cohcon

I have a primary mail domain with 7 domain aliases. I can receive email sent to <username><_at_><any_domain_alias>.

If I want to reply as <username><_at_><domain_alias>, I cannot in webmail, as it defaults to the primary domain, but Thunderbird handles this beautifully. I simply add an identity (Tools -> Account Settings -> Manage Identities -> Add) and then when composing I select the address that I want from the From list. If replying, t'bird automatically replies from the address that the original message was sent to.

When composing in Outlook, I display the From field and type in the address that I am replying from and it sends the email on behalf of the aliased user, otherwise it defaults to the primary.

Hope this helps,
Conn
Previous Topic: Microsoft Office 2004 11.2.3
Next Topic: Intended workflow when using tasks
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:38:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.