Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Wireless Woes! Traffic Rules don't work.
  •  
Frankyg

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've added an asus Wl-138G WLAN card to my Desktop PC, which is the gateway PC for my Internet connection. The Desktop also has another LAN port which I had been using to connect the laptop to.(I've disabled this LAN for the time being) I'm trying to connect my laptop wirelessly to my desktop, giving my laptop full file/print sharing and internet access. I hope to set up the WL-138G card in ad-hoc mode (although I'm having problems configuring the card, as it seems determined to activate ICS!!).

I'm struggling with the Traffic Policy configuration of KWF, as I can't seem to add the Wireless Card Interface into my rules. In theory, what should I be doing to allow unrestricted access between the laptop and Firewall? I am able to add any source/destination *except* for anything related to the wireless interface! I ran through the Rules Wizard and it didn't add any 'Local Traffic' rules, which I think it should have. Does that mean that the firewall doesn't recognize any connected network interfaces - including the wireless interface?

I was planning to assign the Wireless interface on the Desktop manually assigned IP (192.168.1.1), Sub (255.255.255.0) Gateway - Automatic.

On the laptop, I have assigned the IP as 192.168.1.2, Sub 255.255.255.0 and gateway of 192.168.1.1 - does that sound right?

this really is as far from plug and play as I can imagine!! if there's anything else I have missed please let me know, I'm pretty new to networking.

many thanks,

FrankyG

KWF v6.1.3
WinXP SP2

[Updated on: Wed, 15 March 2006 17:40]

Previous Topic: NAT question
Next Topic: how can I do protocol inspector for dynamic ports ..help me plz ..
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:07:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00358 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.