Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Server Crash, now public folders & contents are considered emails.
  •  
zmerch

Send a private message to this user
Greetings, Kerio dudez & dudettez!

I've been a qmail geek for the last decade, but I'm rather new to Kerio. Whilst running 6.1.2 (upgraded to 6.1.3p1 *after* the problem, so this isn't related to the newest version) on SuSE Linux 9.2 Enterprise Server, we had a power failure and the UPS connected to the box decided to fail at that time as well. Unforch, I also didn't have a good backup of the mailstore & configs. Ungh.

No mail or any actual *information* was lost, however, all of our contacts & whatnot in our Public folder was converted into emails. Needless to say, this is giving the suits heartburn, and acid reflux rolls downhill, as they say.

I've searched the forums & the KB, and I followed the advice of renaming the index.fld files to have Kerio rebuild them, but that didn't help.

Is there any way to rebuilding/redirecting the information back to where it should be so it displays correctly, or am I doomed to resorting this stuff all by hand?

Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

You just need to edit the status.fld file for each folder that is not showing the data in the correct format. Each status.fld file starts with the letter T and a number. Below are what each type is associated with. Just update the T# accordingly:

T0 - Mail Folder
T1 - Contact Folder
T2 - Calendar Folder
T3 - Tasks Folder

Edit: Forgot we already have a KB article on this:

http://support.kerio.com/kb/346

[Updated on: Thu, 16 March 2006 19:52]

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
zmerch

Thanks for the quick response. Should I diddle with these files (especially the public ones) with the server shut down? I've modified several files and altho some of the information is back, some info in the public folders doesn't seem to be back. Kerio gave me a message in the webmail saying that it was trying to reindex the files - is there a way I can force that?

Thanks again!
  •  
himo

For a new index you could move in the folder
the file index.fld to index.bad
After this KMS will make a new index.fld

regards

himo
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

But this will not solve the problem and you may lose message flags.

Message in WebMail is saying that KMS is rebuilding search index (not message index).

The only solution is to stop KMS and edit status.fld file in contact, calendar and task folders as described above.
  •  
zmerch

Update:

So far, I've found these T#'s in the status.fld files:

Folder types:

* T0 = mail folder
* T1 = contacts
* T2 = calendar
* T3 = tasks
* T4 = Journal
* T5 = Notes / Handheld Synchronization
* T100 = MAPI Store
* T101 = MAPI Reminder

Are there any other ones I need to know about, and could the KB article be updated with the extra values?

Also: The permissions to the Contacts/Calendar folders get goofed up as well, and so far we've had to reset that "by hand" i.e. by logging the user in with his/her ID and resetting the permissions manually. Is there any way (as the administrator) to modify the files to restore the permissions other than backup/restore?

BTW, Is there any voodoo to knowing what the S#, M#, D#, P#, R#, and N# numbers mean, or is that a trade secret? I'm running Kerio 6.1.3 Linux on SuSE 9.2 ES.

Thanks!
System Administrator, Ivado
Previous Topic: Puremessage
Next Topic: IMAP and Outlook 2003 HELP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:54:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.