Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio WinRoute + Cisco VPN Client 4.6
  •  
grayz

Send a private message to this user
Could somebody say is it possible to configure Kerio WinRoute (installed on a local server Win2003) to allow Cisco VPN Client 4.6 (working on a workstation in LAN) to connect to a remote Cisco VPN Server? I can get a connection only through dial-up on the workstation where Cisco VPN Client is installed...

Please let me know, because I'm feeling like wasting time in trying to connect through Kerio WinRoute Crying or Very Sad

Thanks!
  •  
grayz

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Do you know which TCP or UDP ports use Cisco VPN?

I think you have to allow outgoing IKE and UDP port 5400.
  •  
grayz

But is it possible to disable firewall features for that local machine where Cisco is installed (in other words to permit any protocols/ports in/out)?
  •  
winkelman

grayz wrote on Tue, 21 March 2006 12:23

But is it possible to disable firewall features for that local machine where Cisco is installed (in other words to permit any protocols/ports in/out)?

Sure, create a Traffic Policy for this machine that allows it all ports...
  •  
mkerr

I have the Cisco VPN client working behind WRF on my laptop to a VPN server on the internet. I simply created a new service called Cisco VPN client (under Definitions / Services).

Parameters were

Protocol: TCP/UDP
Source Port: List
Ports: 500, 4500, 10000
Destination Port: List
Ports: 500, 4500, 10000

I then added the above service as a rule in the traffic policy to go from Any interface to Any interface, and use NAT (Default outgoing interface). I did this in a hurry at the time, that is why I used the Any interface!

One other thing. Most VPN's use a 10.x.x.x IP range, and configure your PC's routing tables to suit when connected (do a route print to check). I found I had trouble connecting at home with my ADSL local DHCP range set to a 10.x.x.x subnet. Once I changed this to 192.168.x.x, it all worked correctly.

Hope this helps.

M
Previous Topic: Testing Kerio Firewall Trial- Cannot Send Email, can receive.
Next Topic: Every 60minutes KWF Stops browse Internet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:19:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.