Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » public Calendar How To?
  •  
himo

Send a private message to this user
We are using KMS since a few month and I got several questions.
We got a public Calendar, so everyone in the company could see the meetings appointments or what else.
Befor KMS we used SuSE Mail Server (now Open Exchange).
In SuSE Mail Server you could mark an appointment as privat, so all other users could see that you are busy, but could not see what you are doing.
(It only displays your Name with "privat")
In KMS I could also mark an appointment as privat, but everybody could see what I am doing.
So for what is the mark "privat".
Is there something like the privat function in SuSE Mail Server?

Greetings

himo
  •  
winkelman

What version of KMS are you using? This 'private' option has been made to work with the most recent version. In older versions it dos nothing, indeed. It is only there for Outlook compatibility reasons.
  •  
himo

Thx for your reply,

we are using the latest Version (6.1.3) with the latest patch.
And we are using Entourage 2004 as Client and the Webmail Interface.

Regards

himo
  •  
winkelman

Well, supposedly (http://www.kerio.com/kms_history.html):
Quote:

Version 6.1.3 - March 1, 2006
* Added support for private items. Private events, tasks and contacts are not visible in shared folders.

I wouldn't know about Entourage. I will do some testing on this in webmail (it's what we use), I needed to do that anyway. I will post my results here.
  •  
winkelman

Ok. It works (tested here in webmail), just a little bit different than I expected... Marking an appointment as private doesn't necessarily make the appointment yours, it makes it private to the 'owner' of the agenda.

We have shared Calendars for departments. If you make an appointment there and mark it as private, nobody can see the appointment afterwards, not even you (since you are not the owner of the calendar).

Another example: if you have access to Mr. X’s calendar and make a private appointment there, after creating it you cannot access it, but Mr. X can. The reasoning seems to be: it’s his calendar, so it’s his private appointment, no matter you created it.

I guess this is a way of seeing private appointments (and maybe this is how it’s always done, so it could be just me being craze ;-), but I’d rather have appointments be accessible to the creator of the appointment, not the owner of the calendar (or perhaps both, but the creator is more important to me).
Previous Topic: outside filtering
Next Topic: GroupCal + KMS?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:09:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.