Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New mail alert
  •  
clapin

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,
Is there anyway to get new mail alerts using Kerio webmail under Windows?

Thanks
  •  
j.turley

Was wondering the same thing for a mac. Any recommendations?
  •  
winkelman

Nope. Not from webmail itself anyway (you could of course use a 3rd party POP3-checker).

This is a very much requested feature here on the forum, and has been for a long time. I really can't imagine why Kerio has not yet implemented it. Doesn't seem to be too difficult to me (but I could be mistaken), there is already a pop-up mechanism for appointments in place.

Please go and submit a ticket on this, that's the official way of requesting features. The more people do it, the sooner it may get implemented...
  •  
clapin

Hi winkelman,

I've just submitted a ticket requesting new mail alerts. Meanwhile, could you recommend any 3rd party POP3-checker which works fine with Kerio Mailserver?

Thanks
  •  
guig

Hi !

try this : http://ezpop.hoverdesk.net/

Free for personal use

No informations about "corporate use"

guig
  •  
clapin

Thanks guig,

I've found out PopTray and I like better than Ezpop. It looks to work fine and it's free and Open Source. Maybe a good solution until Kerio implement this feature.
  •  
winkelman

For me a POP3 alerter will not work. If people do not have their 'own' PC, it gets difficult to make sure the locally installed POP3 alerter will check the correct mail account.

Therefor, an integrated Webmail solution would be great. Until then; no alerts here :(
  •  
clapin

OK, winkelman, you're right. But I prefer to have a POP3 alerter rather than nothing.
  •  
guig

clapin wrote on Tue, 28 March 2006 13:27

I've found out PopTray and I like better than Ezpop. It looks to work fine and it's free and Open Source. Maybe a good solution until Kerio implement this feature.

Thanks for this information ... I'll try it next week :-)
Previous Topic: Repeating events appear twice or more
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.3 Patch 1 released!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 07:06:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.