Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » webmail functionality
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
This is a comment from one of my users:

"I have been having an annoying problem with my email. I will be in the middle of deleting a bunch of new emails when the program just kicks me back to the earliest of all my inbox messages. It is not symptomatic of just one computer. This didn't used to be a problem but started a few weeks ago."

This person uses the full version webmail. I have noticed this also and it started with 6.1.3. I have also noticed that if you are in a folder and on a certain message, if you leave that folder and come back to it, it remembers which message you were on and goes to it instead of beginning at the top of the list.

I think these are supposed to be new "features" of 6.1.3, but a lot of my users have complained that this behavior is annoying.

Any comments? I'm just curious if others have noticed this and what you guys think.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
winkelman

After deleting an x number of messages (on by one), the message folder will indeed reload and put you back to the top. I remember someone else asking about this some weeks ago, so it seems it's like this already longer, at least since 6.1.2. I believe this is 'intended webmail behaviour', if I remember the Kerio response correctly.

If it's handy or not, that's another question.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Browser? Operating system?

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
bperkins

Yes, I do believe this is its intended function.

Browser: IE and Firefox
KMS: 6.1.3 RHEL 3

Thanks,
BP

[Updated on: Tue, 28 March 2006 18:18]

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Does this only happen in INBOX? I can't reproduce it here.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
bperkins

No, it happens in every folder.

Go to any folder with pages of emails (I went to my Deleted Items since I obviously don't care if these get deleted). If you start with the last page (35 of 35) and just start deleting emails one by one by keep pressing the delete button, after you've deleted 4 or 5 it will jump to the top of your email list (page 1 of 35).

Hope this helps,
BP
  •  
winkelman

Happens in every folder. Did you delete the messages one by one?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Yeah, I'm deleting one by one. Took a folder with 8 pages, chose the last, deleting from bottom. Both IE and Firefox, on XP.

Also tried Safari on Tiger, no luck there either.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
winkelman

That is odd. It always happens here, in all folders, starting from the last mail, the first mail, or anywhere in between.

Select a message and start clicking the Delete key or X toolbar button. Wait in between deletes for the next message to be loaded in the preview pane automatically, do not reselect another message with the mouse or arrow keys (not sure if last two instructions matter, but that's what I do).

After about 5 messages, the folder list is reloaded and you'll lose focus on the messages.

IE on XP.
  •  
bperkins

Josh,

Is there a chance that you guys are testing a future release and this problem has been fixed, therefore you cannot reproduce this?

I know this has happened to me before with bugs I've submitted.

Thanks,
BP
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

I'm testing against 6.1.3 build 828 - the shipping windows build.

Are both of you using Linux for your mailserver? Perhaps it's specific to that.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
rencorp

Does changing the number of items displayed on a page make any difference (found in the webmail settings front page)?

It seems that when the overall page count has to change (due to the number of items to display changing over a screen page threshold), then the folder needs to refresh, and this is the point it seems to dump you back at the top.

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

Kerio Certified Business Partner - Messaging
  •  
winkelman

I'm useing Windows 2000 Server as KMS platform, so it's not Linux specific.

Could be related to the number of items per page. I have it at 20. But still, it always happens after deleting 5 or 6 messages, so it can't always be the case that the toatl page number count changes.

Maybe undermining this effort... :-) but I am merely trying to help here, testing and ginving info. I do not mind this behaviour and haven't had any complaints.
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

You have met three issues here:
  • After deleting 30% of messages in current page (e.g. 6th message for default setting 20 messages per page), the page gets reloaded. This is intended behavior, since about 6.1.1.
  • The page doesn't reload as expected, but to beginning of folder. That's a bug in 6.1.3, we are working on it.
  • After leaving a folder and returning back, the last viewed message is automatically selected. That's new behavior in 6.1.3. I hope it improves WebMail experience :-)

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
bperkins

Kerio_pdousa wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 05:57

You have met three issues here:
  • After deleting 30% of messages in current page (e.g. 6th message for default setting 20 messages per page), the page gets reloaded. This is intended behavior, since about 6.1.1.
  • The page doesn't reload as expected, but to beginning of folder. That's a bug in 6.1.3, we are working on it.
  • After leaving a folder and returning back, the last viewed message is automatically selected. That's new behavior in 6.1.3. I hope it improves WebMail experience :-)

Thanks for the info pdousa :-)
Previous Topic: Restrict user to semd to specific domains only
Next Topic: KMS and Comodo SSL Certificat
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 01:41:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00687 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.