Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Ist there a KMS Mailing List?
  •  
himo

Send a private message to this user
I searched the whole Forum, and the Kerio Website but didn?t find a hint.
Is there a mailing list for KMS?

regards

himo
  •  
winkelman

Not that I'm aware of, I don't think so.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

You can turn on email subscription for the forum, so that you get new topics and replys by email.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
himo

but I can?t reply by email...
  •  
dcsf

I find forums a bit of a pain sometimes as there is much less dialogue and traffic. Worse yet, one needs to go to the forum site in order to interact.

Can anybody explain the rationale for not having a Kerio mailing list?
  •  
winkelman

I think it is a good idea to have one place for the community, not several different systems. Could be a forum, could be a mailinglist, heck, it could be on usenet.

I like a forum better, because IMHO:
  • I do not get overloaded with all the postings, I can just pick the topics that interest me
  • I can go to the forum when I like, not being bashed with emails all day cause other people are using the mailing list
  • going to the forum site takes three seconds, harldy longer then going to your email app., so I don't see the big deal there
  • it's easier to find back old topics than if it were just a whole lotta emails in my mailbox
  •  
sedell

They used to have a mailing list that was in sync with the forum. You could interact via the mailing list, or the forum. Then they did away with the mailing list for some reason.

Scott
  •  
gaug2

I like the forum, it's easy to use and the staff members are often there. I'm very please with that.

Let them work on the software it's the priority.
  •  
himo

Quote:

Let them work on the software it's the priority.

I agree with you
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

sedell wrote on Thu, 30 March 2006 14:22

They used to have a mailing list that was in sync with the forum. You could interact via the mailing list, or the forum. Then they did away with the mailing list for some reason.

You're right. We had a mailing list, it was integrated into forums, so you all posts to mailing list were displayed in www forums and vice versa.

BUT, we had to end that mailing list because:
  • a lot of customers complaining about fact that their email from forum appeared in mailing list - when someone replied to original post, thent sender's email address was shown in forum post. Users wants to protect their address from search robots and they don’t want to reveal it this way
  • users in mailing list were not able to unsubscribe themselves – they reported us as spammers multiple times, our mailserver was on spam blacklist for a long time
  • address of mailing list is public and there were a lot of spam comming to that list and displayed in www forum then. And we can’t deny posting for non-subscribers, because forum users may not be subscribed to mailing list (and they need not to be)

To avoid all of these, mailing list should be independent on www forums, and then it’s two systems we had to manage.

winkelman is right - it's better to have one place for the community, not several different systems.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
jshaw541

I used to run a Yahoo Groups mailing list for KMS, but we decided to shut it down when Kerio brought the forums online.

Awhile back, I wanted to create another "advanced KMS admins/large installations" KMS email list, but I didn't see much interest, so I dropped it.

Often the questions posted on this forum aren't of much interest/use to me, and are questions one could find answers to in the documentation.

It would be nice to have some sort of "advanced" user forums area where we could talk KMS hacks, spam fighting, architecting, and other non-run of the mill conversations that might confuse the average KMS customer.

Perhaps even Kerio support folks/developers would visit and interact on a technical level (for example, discussions relating to SpamAssassin rulesets and features "under the hood").

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
winkelman

jshaw541 wrote on Mon, 03 April 2006 18:43

It would be nice to have some sort of "advanced" user forums area

We could start RTFM-ing the crap out of most of the topics here, get rid of all the lazy admins and get the level of this forum up to par ;-)
  •  
jshaw541

That would probably work if this was a community forum, but in fact, it's a Kerio forum and they would very likely frown upon that.

I used to nicely refer people to the KMS documentation URLs, but that soon became a neverending task. These days I don't visit the forums much anymore as most of the traffic doesn't interest me or pertain to my KMS situation.

I would love to see more sysadmin-to-sysadmin information exchange.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

You have no idea how much I want to RTFM some of the posts that end up here =)

But I also want people to buy KMS =)

We are working to make the Kerio manuals fully searchable. I think this would reduce a lot of the requests for which the manual answers the question perfectly.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

sonofcolin

Quote:

You have no idea how much I want to RTFM some of the posts that end up here =)

At the same time you have no obligation to answer such questions as all users have tech support available to them.

The main issue I find with the KMS user guide is that it isn't particularly good IMVHO! You could certainly invest more time into improving it as well as offering more official translations. I'm glad you are working on the searchability as this is one area which is really poor.

As the webmail is an application it would be of great benefit to offer a user guide for this as I would also like to tell our users to RTFM - but can't as there isn't one!

It is sometimes quicker to find answers on the forum. It is also a great medium for sharing ideas. You can pick and choose what to read and what to reply to.

Just my 2 kopeks.

Previous Topic: Disable Change password function
Next Topic: Mailserver function DLL
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 14:00:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.