Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple FROM aliases: can it be done right?
  •  
Bikermouse

Send a private message to this user
I've searched this forum but haven't found a real answer to the folllowing:

I'd like to be able to use different FROM aliases when using webmail AND Outlook. The aliases should be completely independent. A user should be able to use a drop downlist to choose e.g.:

"John Smith" from john<_at_>mydomain.com
"Sales" from sales<_at_>a-completely-different-domain.com

I've set up a user, e.g. "John Smit" in mydomain.com with an alias but this gives 2 problems:
the alias can only be made in the same domain, so I can only have:
john<_at_>mydomain.com and
sales<_at_>mydomain.com

Furthermore, if I choose e.g. the "sales<_at_>mydomain.com" alias in webmail, the from emailadress is changed but still the "displayed name" remains "John Smith". So the recipient still sees "John Smith" as sender.

If using Outlook as a client I can add multiple POP-accounts, each with it's own identity, however I've read that this is not a good idea because this messes up the KMS Outlook adapter? (which probably is why I've had outgoing mail "hanging" in the Outbox folder....).

So any other suggestions?
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
Bikermouse wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 14:00

Furthermore, if I choose e.g. the "sales<_at_>mydomain.com" alias in webmail, the from emailadress is changed but still the "displayed name" remains "John Smith". So the recipient still sees "John Smith" as sender.

I've asked Kerio about this already a long time ago. I hope Kerio will allow us in the future to also change the 'display name' for alternate email addresses belonging to a single user.
  •  
Anonymous
Granted not always an ideal solution, but try leaving the "Full name" field blank when creating the user in admin console.

One downside is that the user cannot automatically be listed in the public contacts. (The admin console will warn you about it.) Yawn!

Previous Topic: KMS and Comodo SSL Certificat
Next Topic: Seperate Storage for different domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:39:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.