Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » WinRoute connection limit?
  •  
garsa

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I just installed WinRoute a few days ago and I really like it. Razz

Yesterday I connected the program eMule (eDonkey like P2P sharing application), I opened the ports at WinRoute and everything went OK. Very Happy

But after some hours (during all night) WinRoute had strange behaviours. The administration console stopped functioning from remote computers (but it was functional localy), and some services (like HTTP or MySQL database) were very difficult to use (it may work but only after many retries). Crying or Very Sad

I know that P2P sharing applications use a lot of concurrent connections and I suspect that this was what made WinRoute go crazy. Now I wonder, what's the limit? 200 connections? 300 connections? less? more? Confused

I'm aware that may be I should had to configure something I could have forgotten... Embarassed

Anyone can give some light on this matter?

Thanks in advance! Rolling Eyes
  •  
pacuvio

I suggest you to open only the mainly used ports (TCP 4242 and 4661) for eMule and to connect only the servers which use them (there are lots of).
  •  
garsa

Is there a way to give more or less priority to port/services or even to rules in the traffic policy tab?

If so it could be possible to give a low priority to this kind of applications and avoid the denial of other ports/services.
  •  
pacuvio

for what I know KWF doesn't manage different priorities for different protocols/services Confused . you can simplify your configuration as I suggested before.
Previous Topic: Internet -> Internal Network
Next Topic: Multiple entries to Packet Filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:45:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.