Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » KWF 6.2 & Skype 2
  •  
jslh

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have been trying to make Skype 2.0.0.97 to work with KWF v6.2 in my office, but so far, unsuccessful! Sad

I have tried number of ways as below,

1. Open ALL out-going as "any";
2. Open up the port tcp/udp 4131 for incoming;
3. Enable proxy authentication.

Nothing works! Skype still cannot sign-in!!

Kerio support said is not the KWF issued but the Skype as my rule is correct.

Does anyone has any luck on this? If you do, would you please share it?

Thanks and best regards.
Joseph
  •  
bronco

Hi, I got it working without any special rules. Also video works.
This is how to do it:

1. Goto Tools/Options
2. Goto Connection
3. Switch on "Use port 80/443 as alternative..."
4. On same page Switch to HTTPS Proxy and fill in host and port 443
5. On same page fill in a valid username and password.
6. Press save
7. Quit and restart Skype

Now everything should work fine.
  •  
jslh

Hi Bronco,

Thanks for the info.

I can;t have the port 80/443 as alternative as my KWF has blocked all in-coming on this. Therefore, I have to use the port 4131 instead. I enable both tcp/udp.

I tried using the proxy authentication with login user id & password, cannot.

I tried the https, but not so sure what should I put into the hostname? SO, I placed my machine name...not result!! Confused

Infornt of the KWF, there is a Dlink DI-704P+. I created a Virtual Host and open up the firewall by redirecting the incoming port 4131 into the KWF firewall host. Still not working..

Any idea?
Thanks.
  •  
bronco

Hi Joseph,

How do you connect to the internet? Is there a ADSL-modem in front of the DLINK like this:
Internet<-->ADSL Modem<-->DLINK<-->KWF<-->Local PC's.
If so than the config is a bit strange.

My configuration looks like this:
Internet<-->ADSL Modem<-->KWF<-->Hub/Switch<-->Local Pc's

In the KWF machines there are two Nic's one connected to the ADSL Modem and the other to a hub/switch that connects the local pc's and a NetGear Wireless hub. I switch in the software of the ADSL modem all portforwarding to the KWF machine. So KWF is doing the full Firewall and I also have port 80 incoming blocked. But not 443! So you can still use HTTPS and yes you need to fill in under hostname the IP-address or the name of the KWF machine.

I hope this helps.

Rene.
  •  
jslh

Hi Bronco,

Quote:

Internet<-->ADSL Modem<-->DLINK<-->KWF<-->Local PC's.

Yes, this is exactly my office configuration!

I did a port mapping 4131 from Dlink to KWF firewall. Check to log any connection or protocol on this. Well, so far nothing been log! Sad

At home, I'm having the Dlink router and have had no port forward or open but the Skype working fine! Smile

Mad
  •  
bronco

Hi Joseph,

I would suggest removing the Dlink if possible and place it behind the KWF machine. So that all traffice goes thru the KWF machine.
You have now multiple points where things can go wrong.

Unless you are using the Dlink for a DMZ than I do not see why you can not change it like this.

What kind of ADSL modem do you have? If you are using a Thomson or Alcatel Speedtouch modem than it is very easy to configure it to move all traffic to the KWF machine.

Please let me know which brand and model you use if the above does not solve your problem.
Previous Topic: FTP Policy Don't Work !~!~!~!~!~!
Next Topic: Strange traffic ?!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 22:18:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.