Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Slightly OT: Forums do not refresh with latest info
  •  
mike-p

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Sorry for the off topic but when I view the forums in FireFox 1.5 if I keep the forum open I never get it to refresh. I click refresh but the same page always shows up. I have to close browser and login again. I have heard others mention this on the side. Any one know how or why?

Thanks
Mike
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I am not able to reproduce that issue. Try holding down the shift key, and hit the refresh button on your browser to do a forced refresh.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Well, this is a feature of FUD forum. Only logged in users get pages with headers prevent caching, anonymous users don't.

As main FUD forum developer said:
Quote:

The headers you mention are the "no-cache" headers only sent to logged in members of the forum to prevent page caching.

Because for anymous we can actualy allow browser to cache pages without consequences. For registered users we need to ensure constant refreshing of sequence & session values that may pass via URLs & FORMs

FUDforum Core Developer

I don't think this behavior is correct, so I'm going to change that and send "no-cache" information with each page for all visitors.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
mike-p

Thanks that would be great as I only login to reply or create a message.

Mike
  •  
carlPjohnson

Great news!! I thought it was just me!! I had to remove a portion of my session every time so the damn thing would refresh!
Previous Topic: Clear up/consolidate stickies?
Next Topic: Moving email folders from one user to another?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:25:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.