Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Checking Mail with Entourage 2004
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Send a private message to this user
I am setting up a new mail sever for a customer this weekend. Prior testing proved that all is well and working.

The particulars are KMS 6.1.3p1 on an Xserve G5, 10.3.9. The Xseve has internal RAID 5, two partitions, one OS and the other data. During setup the mail store was set to the data partion. All clients are Entourage 2004, 11.2.2 set as POP accounts.

The problem is I can see the email coming into the server, but when I try to receive the mail with Entourage no mail comes into Entourage. I even tried this with my test account that I used on Thursday, 6th. No Luck. Entourage reports no errors. All services are running. I checked the mailserver.cfg file to make sure the mail store is correct. Nothing else was changed since Thursday.

Any ideas as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Len Levin
  •  
sonofcolin

What do the debug logs say? Are connections being logged?
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

First thanks for responding to my post.

No I don't see anythign in the debug log showing any connections being made. Is there some where else that will show me when a POP client is trying to retreive mail?

Thanks

Len
  •  
sonofcolin

Firstly, you need to make sure that logging of pop3 connections is turned on in the debug message log (right click or ctrl click with mac) on the debug log window and select 'messages.' Under 'mailserver activity' make sure that POP is checked.

Some other things to think about:
1. Is POP service running on the server?
2. Is the firewall on the server allowing POP3 connections?
3. Is DNS configured correctly?
4. Are Entourage clients configured correctly?
5. Can use access users mail boxes through webmail?

Good luck!
Previous Topic: 6.3 and AV
Next Topic: Junk-Mail-Handling
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 03:44:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.