Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Access ADSL-router Setup page
  •  
itboss

Send a private message to this user
I am currently evaluating KWF6.2. I can access the internet and the LAN-pc's can too. How do I a set up a traffic policy to access my Netgear ADSL router's setup web-page on http://192.168.1.100 ? I can't even ping it. LAN setup: LAN-nic - 192.168.1.1 on Domain controller. WAN-nic - 192.168.1.2

also, I need to set up a dynamic DNS service(TZO) and had no luck so far.
  •  
feite

Make sure both LAN and WAN (= firewall + ADSL router) have different subnets. You could use 192.168.1.x for the WAN and 192.168.2.x for the LAN. Do not use NAT on the WAN interface because I think your ADSL modem handles that.

Dynamic DNS: use the dynamic dns feature of the ADSL router, this is your internet access point. If you have setup DNS on the ADSL router, setup the KWF DNS forwarder to point to the ADSL router. If the ADSL router assigns ip addresses (DHCP), setup the NIC of the WAN for DHCP. The ADSL router will assign DNS, default gateway, and so on automatically. In that case you can instruct KWFs DNS forwarder to use the known addresses of the OS.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2006 19:58]

•  
itboss

Thank you - the first solution worked.(LAN-WAN IP setup)I can now access my router's setup page. I've changed the WAN-NIC IP to 192.168.10.1, the ADSL-router to 192.168.10.100
Unfortunately my ADSL-router does not provide Dynamic DNS. We need to use TZO's Dynamic DNS (www.tzo.com)service as the office has no fixed IP. IT-support uses this dynamc DNS service to access the local Servers from outside using NetOp remote control. This Dynamic DNS name then points to the main Domain Controller Server which is also the LAN DNS-server(192.168.1.1). This server is also the LAN DHCP-server, - service binding to 192.168.1.1 TZO service runs on TCP/UDP port 21330-21333.
Any ideas on how to configure this on KWF ?

Many thanks & regards
  •  
feite

Try this:
Create a new service called TZO with TCP/UDP ports in the range 21330-21333. Add a new traffic rule:

name: TZO
source: internal address of machine where TZO service is running
dest: external address of TZO dyn. DNS service
service: TZO (new added service)
action: allow
translation: none (if the ADSL router is performing NAT translation)

If you want to see if any traffic is allowed for this rule enable the logging of packets and check the filter log.
  •  
kesleri

Well you guys should really start reading that Friendly Manual, it's there for a reason!
Previous Topic: Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.2.0 released!
Next Topic: how to remotely admin
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 22:00:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.