Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is this possible at all?
  •  
Erwan

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I am in search of new mail server software and Kerio came up as one of the preferred suggestions. I do contract IT work a small company of about 25-35 employees, they are currently running Qmail and using a combination of Outlook express, Outlook 2000 and 2003. We were hoping to switch all the client machines to use the webbased interface for Kerio as a cheaper alternative to upgrading all clients to the latest version of Office which would in clude outlook.

The only problem/question we have would be that alot of the client machines have their own Personal Folders setup which are NOT tied into the mail server at all. Would there be anyway of transferring their Outlook Personal Folders with all their current e-mail to the Kerio mail server so that they would be viewable from the webbased Kerio client?

Thank you,

Erwan
  •  
carlPjohnson

This should be no problem, you will just need to gather all those PST's and then logon with Outlook via KOC to each account and import (copy/paste) the PST into the the KOC store and magically it will all be available in the webmail.
  •  
sedell

Don't do that. You'll lose all your header information. See the KB. There's one detailing how to import from a PST.

Scott
  •  
carlPjohnson

http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=221

I did not expierence that issue when importing, all the emails still have the correct receive date.
  •  
Erwan

Thank you for the replies all!

When searching the KB the only relevant information came from that exact link provided above where it does mention that you might lose the header info.

sedell, do you have any other ideas?

The possibility of losing the header info isn't a bid deal, just curious as to other possibilities.

Thanks again!

Erwan
  •  
sedell

Try using IMAP to import the mail. I found straight up IMAP to be quicker doing imports, and if I remember right, using IMAP preserved the headers. I'd have to test it again to be sure as it's been a while. I'm not sure I have any PSTs with intact headers to test with though. I found out the hard way prior to the KB article that headers get lost. You'll still need to use the KOC to import any non-mail items.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

I've used Transend Migrator (http://www.transend.com/) for mail migration. (I migrated from Pegasus Mail to KMS, but a lot of other sources are also supported.)

Not free, but it worked nicely. (Would cost about $900,- for 35 users these days, was cheaper when I used it :-) They offer trials and their support is good.
Previous Topic: connect to ldap server ?
Next Topic: Want to implement greylisting on kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:38:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.