Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Failover problem and parameters
  •  
infoz

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

In the "Probe host" field of the Failover Configuration, I've put 3 IP address.
If all the 3 ping fails (primary connection drops), the alternate connection is started, that's OK.

But after, the problem is: when the primary connection comes back, Winroute default connection go back to the primary one only if the 3 IP address reply, and not only 1 or 2. The problem is: if one of the 3 probes servers is down, Winroute never go back to the primary connection !!!

I've see that in the "winroute.cfg" configuration file, in the "BackupLine" paragraph, there is 2 fields "FailureTreshold" and "SuccessTreshold". I think that modifying one of theses fields can resolve my problem ? Can you explain me in detail theses 2 parameters ?

Thanks.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Yes, this is correct behavior.

When you put multiple IPs in the probe host, they act as logical AND:

probe1 AND probe2 AND probe3 (must be UP, must be DOWN) etc.

You want logical OR, which isn't supported.

FailureThreshold and SuccessThreshold are the number of probes which must fail or successed before failover or failback occurs.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
marrab

But manual says: "If at least one of the tested devices is available, the primary connection is considered as functioning."
Behavior like in manual is much better.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 April 2006 07:42]

Previous Topic: DUAL NAT for Winroute and a DUAL-WAN Router setup
Next Topic: port forwarding with kwf
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:00:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.