Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Add spam score to all messages
  •  
vlskip

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Is there a way to integrate the spam score in to all the messages (in the body) ???

I would like all me messages to have a last line that says

This email was scanned for SPAM and scored : 5

Also is there anything like this for the antivirus software ???
Ex: This email was scanned for virus by Mcaffe

Any idea if this is possible ?

Thx!
  •  
vlskip

Basicaly i would like to get those infos in the footer.

Anynone ?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Not currently possible. I will file a suggestion.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
winkelman

AFAIK there's no way to do this in KMS.

I also think that, from a security point of view, it is unwise to inform the world of the exact AV solution you're using.
  •  
vlskip

winkelman wrote on Tue, 11 April 2006 19:06

AFAIK there's no way to do this in KMS.

I also think that, from a security point of view, it is unwise to inform the world of the exact AV solution you're using.

I agree but my management likes to have proof of an investement.... so if they ask for it i try to give it to them.

They just spent a lot of money in the mail server and now they need to show off the antispam and antivirus solutions.

It wont kill me if it's not possible but if it ever is i will probably activate it.

Thanks and were can i follow this "suggestion" ?

•  
winkelman

Quote:

were can i follow this "suggestion"

Kerio_jthomas 'filed a suggestion'. This means that he has made a feature request. He 'suggested' this feature to the development team.

OR...

Did you mean you would like to see what development is doing with this suggestion? That is not possible. Kerio does not publicize their feature request and/or bug list.

•  
vlskip

winkelman wrote on Tue, 11 April 2006 19:48

Quote:

were can i follow this "suggestion"

Did you mean you would like to see what development is doing with this suggestion? That is not possible. Kerio does not publicize their feature request and/or bug list.

This is what i meant.

Thanks for the answer :)
  •  
Lyle M

vlskip,

The spam score is visible in the e-mail header under "X-Spam-Status:" Use your e-mail client (including Kerio webmail) to view headers or source to see this information. You can tell your executives that not cluttering up the e-mail with spam score info is considered a feature.

In the admin console you have the option to deliver messages that have had a virus removed. They can be delivered to all users (I would not suggest this) or to a specific address. Perhaps you can deliver all messages that have been "de-virused" to a shared inbox of a dummy account. Have the execs subscribe to this inbox to see what is hitting their server that would otherwise have been delivered with a virus. It will look like this:

Problem: Virus found
MIME type: application/octet-stream
File name: account-details.zip
Virus name: Generic Malware.a!zip
Antivirus: McAfee Scanning Engine (4732/4.4.00)

Another nifty thing that might make them feel that they are getting their money's worth is the statistics info found in the console. This info can be exported as html and posted on your Intranet site. Pie charts and big numbers are always a thrill for bean counters.

If all else fails, hand them a quote for Exchange Server. They won't feel like they spent all that much money and perhaps they'll let you get back to work.

Hopefully you've found some good suggestions in amongst the sarcasm.
Previous Topic: Webmail can't read odd way of attaching file
Next Topic: Group definition
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:46:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.