Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can I use the Treo 700w with KMS?
  •  
erik.smith

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone have any experience or know if Kerio Mail server supports or is usable with the new Treo 700w running Windows mobile?

We are planning on getting the Treo 700w because it has Outlook and ActiveSync and I'm just trying to find out if anyone knows if Kerio works with this new Treo 700w.

Thanks in advance.
  •  
winkelman

It's running Windows Mobile 2005, right? AFAIK there is a problem syncing with WM5, but I'm not sure.

I've just received my Qtek 9100 (running WM5), so I'm curious about this myself too.
  •  
erik.smith

The product specs list the Treo 700w as running: Windows Mobile® 5.0.2.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition.

If you discover that KMS is functional with WM5, please let me know. Thanks
  •  
red14

we are syncing 3 HP Ipaqs with WM 5 without problems.
  •  
winkelman

red14 wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 09:51

we are syncing 3 HP Ipaqs with WM 5 without problems.

Just a matter of running Activesync 4.1 and off you go? Or does it require some special settings?
  •  
red14

no special settings.
using activesync 4.1 out of the box
  •  
erik.smith

When you say..."no special settings. using activesync 4.1 out of the box"...does that mean you are craddle syncing and then off you go, or does ActvieSync sync over the air?

I need to know this. There is a real lack of differentiating between a physicially connected craddle sync and an over-the-air sync in these forums.

Thanks much in advance.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Cradle. There is no over-the-air synchronization.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
erik.smith

Hi Joshua, Thank you for your quick reply.

Perhaps you can help me with some guidance. My company is planning on rolling out KMS soon. We are in a testing phase and we are giving some of our staff some Cingular mobile devices. We're going to go with either a Palm Treo 650 or an HP iPaq 6510 (a Windows Mobile device). We're all very new to this and we're tying to figure out which device (and operating system) will give our staff the best email connectivity with KMS while out in the field with their mobile devices. Do you have any recommendations as to which works better with KMS, the Treo Palm device or a Windows mobile device? And also since you answered the previous question, is it possible for any of these devices to receive Calendar data from KMS over-the-air? Or is that only a craddle sync function?

Thanks again.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Sorry, I'm not 100% correct.

IMAP and POP should work "over the air" for Palm/Treo devices.

Please see http://support.kerio.com/kb/368 for more info.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
neoslaker

Hi,

For information, I've problems to sync my Qtek9100 (SPV M3000 by Orange) with KMS

I use KMS 6.1.0, and i try KMS 6.1.3, and calendar meetings, make by webmail, don't sync on the mobile ...
I don't know why ... :(

You can find here my post :
http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=8861&star t=0&S=06326ed20a3e2b36b5f96d847ef965fb
  •  
tpalmer

I've set up a coupe of users w/ Treo 700s by using IMAP. No real problems.

Please excuse the maybe silly question, but I don't have a lot of experience w/ PDAs. Is there a reason not to connect a PDA w/ IMAP if it supports it? What is the advantage of sync'ing rather than IMAP?
  •  
winkelman

Quote:

What is the advantage of sync'ing rather than IMAP?

Calendar and contacts are not synced through IMAP...
  •  
tpalmer

doh! I knew that. Thanks for the reminder.
Previous Topic: Entourage mail import problem
Next Topic: Lost Mail Subfolder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 11:23:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.