Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail can't read odd way of attaching file
  •  
NorthernAlberta

Send a private message to this user
I'm currently running into an odd attachment being sent by an automated system (we need the information so I can't just ask them to stop), and the company who is sending it doesn't seem to have any interest in responding to my problem.

If you open the message in Kerio Webmail the headers and message as handled properly, but it then displays the attachment as text (I've appending the fist few and last few lines of the attachment below). If you open it in an email program such as Mozilla Thunderbird via IMAP it works just fine, so Kerio must be reviving and storing it alright.

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to give me a heads up, I'm hoping to keep the person on Webmail exclusively.

begin 664 50757.pdf
M)5!$1BTQ+C,-)?____\-,2`P(&]B:<_at_>T\/`TO5&ET;&4 <_at_>*/[_`%8`00!3`%0I
M#2]0<F]D=6-E<B`H06UY=6YI($1O8W5M96YT($-O;G9E<G1E<BD-+U9E <G-I
M;VX<_at_>*%9E<G-I;VX<_at_>,BXQ,&<_at_><_at_>+2!,:6-E;G-E9 "!T;R!#87)087)T<R!496-H
M;F]L;V=I97,I#2]#<F5A=&EO;D1A=&4<_at_>*#$Q+S0O,C`P-B`Q,#HS.C$Y*0T^

~snip~

M(`UT<F%I;&5R#3P\#2]3:7IE(#(Q#2]2;V]T(#(<_at_>,"!2#2]);F9O(#$ <_at_>,"!2
M#2])1"!;/#(U,3-"1C0W-C9"0CDP-#4X1#<_at_>P-#!"-S,U,#4P.30U/CPR-3$S
M0D8T-S8V0D(Y,#0U.$0X,#0P0C<S-3`U,#DT-3Y=#3X^#7-T87)T>')E9 <_at_>TX
*-S4R#24E14]&#2`<_at_>
`
end

We are using Kerio MailServer 6.1.3 on a Windows 2000 box.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This 'odd way of attaching file' is called Uuencode and it is an obsolete (almost 11 years old) method of attaching files in emails. It was replaced with MIME encoding which is much flexible.
WebMail client in KMS does not support Uuencoded attachments yet. It may change in near future.

Anyway, it is always better to use MIME instead of Uuencode if possible.
  •  
NorthernAlberta

Thanks for the heads up, this is the first time I've ever run into Uuencode face to face (All my older clients handle it natively). Here is hoping that Kerio supports Uuencode soon. I wish I didn't need it, but it doesn't look like company at the sending end will be changing it's ways anytime soon...
Previous Topic: Message stuck in Outlook
Next Topic: Add spam score to all messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:32:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00366 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.