Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » connection failover and traffic policy
  •  
henrysbox

Send a private message to this user
I have successfully setup a failover connection from my two WAN interface. my question is do i have to use both interface (WAN1 & WAN2) to my traffic policy?? is there other way to do this?

see example below:

INTERFACE
WAN1 200.100.200.x
WAN2 200.100.300.x
LAN1 192.168.10.x
LAN2 192.168.20.x

TRAFFIC POLICY

name:
internet access
source:
LAN1
LAN2
destination:
WAN1
WAN2
service:
DNS
HTTP
HTTPS
translation:
NAT

[Updated on: Fri, 14 April 2006 07:56]

•  
kesleri

I do not think KWF is ready (compatable) to attempt the thing you wish to accomplish that thing is called MultiHoming and is available on Linux/Unix servers.
  •  
henrysbox

The reason i ask this is because we noticed from our testing that if we disabled either of the WAN interface (physically remove the cable to see wheather the failover works), the internet connection becomes sluggish/intermitent/slow and after you remove the disabled WAN interface from the traffic policy, it will slowly turns back to normal speed.

both WAN interface has the same bandwith from different provider, each procedure has 10min interval to see any differences. other things to considered.

-DNS forwarding is enabled
-Forward DNS queries to the server automatically is selected

for some of you who have tried and test it, feel free to post your reply.

thanks
  •  
henrysbox

kesleri wrote on Fri, 14 April 2006 14:09

I do not think KWF is ready (compatable) to attempt the thing you wish to accomplish that thing is called MultiHoming and is available on Linux/Unix servers.

thanks kesleri for immediate respond,
Our objective is to make sure the failover option works well at all times, we dont intend a MultiHoming setup. we have a 24x7 operation and the tech guys (me) works only on a day shift. At present this configuration is working fine with us. but we noticed during our simulated test that it slows down the connection (i wonder why). we also found a temporary solution, that if we remove the disabled WAN interface from the traffic policy the problem is resolved. (refer to the sample i posted earlier)

what were thinking right now is that the TRAFFIC POLICY still using the WAN interface specified even it is disabled or down. is there a way like setting up another object that would refer to your outside interface (2 or more WAN interface), that would automatically shift to the one specified ACTIVE by the CONNECTION FAILOVER.
  •  
henrysbox

For those who have the setup somewhat identical to ours let me know if you observe the same behavior.

hope someone from kerio tech support group can answer.
  •  
henrysbox

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

henrysbox wrote on Thu, 13 April 2006 23:43

hope someone from kerio tech support group can answer.

If you have a technical question please submit a support ticket: http://support.kerio.com

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: 2 CableModem and Kerio
Next Topic: Need Help: Firewall with Bloomberg!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:39:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00487 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.