Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kerio mailserver problems: cannot connect remote host
  •  
redtides99

Send a private message to this user
hi all
I've been using kerio mail server for a while by now, version 6.0.3, on win 2000 server O.S.
Few days ago mail realying was not working anymore and I realized queue was full of not sent emails each of them having the following problem:
"cannot connect remote host"
I think that was happenning after a windows automatic restart following an auto-update.
After playing around for a while (everything was warking fine on the server, apart email relaying...) I decided to prepare another server.
I downloaded the 6.1.3 trial version and I reinstalled everything from the beginning (starting from the o.s.)
Ok, right after I installed the server, it was working fine, so I could send the thousands of blocked mails I rescued from the "queue" folder of the old server.
Right after that, I started updating the operating system.
Now I just completed every windows update, I also restarted the server some times but...
Again mail relaying is not working anymore..!
what's wrong with windows updates...?
is there any recent update having any issue with the mail server???
Everything else seems to work fine on the server, still It's not able to relay emails anymore (queue is full of mails with the "cannot connect remote host" error...)

tx in advance
f.

ps: dns client service is working fine
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Please call us, or submit a ticket to http://support.kerio.com

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
sedell

Let me know how you make out. Now you've got me affraid to install the latest round of patches on that server. Do you run Win2000 or 2003?

Scott
  •  
winkelman

Hmm, I also have some similar problem with (very very few) mails. I would asume the remote host was really down in these cases, except when I repeat the mail delivery process manually (lookup MX, lookup DNS, connect to port 25, etc.) all is fine for these particular messages. But still KMS reports "No greeting from remote host".

After a while new messages to the same host go through, but the ones in the queue seem to stick there.

Could this be related?
  •  
redtides99

hi again
the problem was somehow related to the mcafee antivirus 8.0 software.
At some point, I think right after an update, it started blocking email relaying.
I had the same problem on 3 different installations on different hardware.
I just stopped mcafee services and everything was ok.
tx to everybody
f.
Previous Topic: Create PHPiCalendar using calendar data from Kerio MailServer
Next Topic: Windows Environment Variables / KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:31:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.