Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error: service-specific error 1 (0x1)
  •  
Haydn

Send a private message to this user
One of our customers using KMS reported a POP3 error this morning one all of their client machines, further investigation I find the mailserver service is not running.

Rebooted server, still no service running, i check the System Event Viewer and find the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7024
Date: 20/04/2006
Time: 09:47:33
User: N/A
Computer: SANDB-DBF
Description:
The Kerio MailServer service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Attempting to start the service also reports the same problem, help!

[Updated on: Thu, 20 April 2006 11:02]

•  
Haydn

Send a private message to this user
I appear to have fixed it...

Renamed mailserver.cfg to old and copied mailserver.cfg.bak to the original (filesizes are identical) and the service then starts fine.

Checking the logs within Kerio and it just seems that at 8:50 this morning the service stopped after running a mail queue, any other logs i can see what the cause of this was?
Previous Topic: Windows Environment Variables / KOC
Next Topic: Dns record
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:47:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.