Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » queue error
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
I have a message stuck in my mail queue that has the following status:

4.1.1 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is the IP of my server.

My DNS entries (A and MX) are correct. This is the first time I've had a message stuck in the queue with this status. Is there something I haven't configured in KMS? I have the hostname set correctly under Configuration/Domains.

Thanks,
BP

•  
sedell

I've never seen that one before. Just a thought though... Do you have a PTR record matching your A record for the mailserver. Could they be doing a PTR lookup and require the record to match the announced hostname the server gives?

Scott
  •  
bperkins

This could be the problem. I just checked and I don't have a PTR record for my server. I'm not a DNS guru, so I'm not even sure what a PTR record is used for.

Is it common to use a PTR record for mail servers? I'm asking because this is the first time I've seen this error in 6 years I've administered a mailserver. I guess I'll need to check to see what a PTR record is.

Thanks for the help!
  •  
sedell

A PTR record is used for reverse lookups. It's used to find the hostname when you have the IP address.

Some mailservers do PTR lookups to verify the system sending the mail. Some only require there be a PTR record, some check to make sure the domain name in the PTR record matches the domain name the server gives. Some systems won't accept mail at all without one.

It's fairly common to see PTR lookups. Many of the mailservers I've used have it as an option in the SMTP settings along with the relay or spam settings.

Scott
  •  
bperkins

•  
pavini

Hi all...

I get this message too, And my dns was OK, (I have one PTR entrie: mydomain.com.br to my IP 111.111.111.111) and another mx pointing to mydomain.com.br.
So whem I send one message to one specifield domain (terra.com.br) all the emails was stoped on queue with this message.

What I can do?

Tanks

Andre
Previous Topic: How to grant anonymous access to calendar?
Next Topic: IMAP vs. Exchange
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:16:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00509 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.