Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » POP3 download - Leave messages on the ISP server
  •  
Oren_Yul

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
Is it possible to use kerio pop3 download and still leave the messages ion the ISP server?
I am not talking about client's pop3 account but on Kerio Mailserver POP3 Download function.

Oren
  •  
gerco

no it's not possible.

I first requested this feature about 2 years ago but Kerio aren't interested.

They basically say 'you can achieve this with client configuration & we can't see why you would want a server option'

I believe officially it's "on the feature request list" but don't hold your breath...!
  •  
feijin

•  
Nixs

If you are handy with *nix, you could try tunneling this through a POP3 proxy so Kerio -> POP3 Proxy -> POP3 server and configure the POP3 proxy to not send the DELE command through to the server.

Or if you have an application layer filtering firewall which can inspect POP3 traffic, you could try blocking the DELE command on said connections.

That being said, I really want this option too!
  •  
JenekALP

you can edit mailserver.cfg

looks like this variable is in charge of deleting messages from others ISPs

Pop3Delete (1=yes, 0=no)

i,ve got this idea , knowing this program for 30 minutes Smile
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

JenekALP wrote on Thu, 31 July 2008 14:15

you can edit mailserver.cfg

looks like this variable is in charge of deleting messages from others ISPs

Pop3Delete (1=yes, 0=no)

i,ve got this idea , knowing this program for 30 minutes Smile

Which is generally bad idea because this option does not do what you want. It is for testing purposes only and should be never used in production environment. You will download email duplicates with every POP3 request.
  •  
feijin

Previous Topic: Pop3 download issue on multiple domains
Next Topic: mailserver not taking any messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:34:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.