Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMAP - deleting items are moved into "deleted" mail box
  •  
Oren_Yul

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to configure IMAP so that when I delete a message it is moved automatically to the "deleted items" mail box?

I am using Outlook Express as a client.

Oren
  •  
gerco

not with Outlook Express..

IMAP's deletion model is different & involves a 'mark deleted' and a 'purge' operation.

This can only be 'disguised' slightly by the clients but there is no way of changing the IMAP4 standard.

Try using Thunderbird - it's interface shields the user from the naff deletion model by appearing to move deleted items to the trash folder of your choice.

Unfortunately if you want to use Outlook or Outlook express you will have to forget it.
  •  
Oren_Yul

Thank you. I an not an IMAP expert and I do not know about this little things.
I saw that there is a mailbox called "Deleted Items" and I thought... well if there is one - how do I use it.

From your answer I understand that there is no need for this mailbox.
  •  
gerco

no if you only use imap to access this mailbox in oe you can delete the deleted items folder and it won't be re-created...

Previous Topic: Spam tool for kerio mailserver
Next Topic: But can Kerio do this?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 05:00:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.