Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DUAL WAN Routers and KERIO
  •  
JGALT

Send a private message to this user
Hi All.

Our office now has a DUAL-WAN router where we have 2 different DSL connections joined in this router. But instead of using this router's built-in firewall functions and point our workstations to this router, we still like to place Kerio Winroute in between this Dual-WAN Router and the internal network of workstations. Something like the setup below

DSL 1
=> Dual-WAN Router => winroute PC => "Internal Network"
DSL 2

But because of NAT on the router and the NAT required on the Kerio Winroute computer, "Double" NAT seems inevitable. But when I tried setting up the Kerio Winroute PC to be the only one connected to the DUAL-WAN router, I could not distribute the combined DSL connection to my internal network.

How can we properly setup the NAT configs on both the DUAL-WAN router and with the Kerio Winroute PC so we can have minimum latency, bandwidth loss, and maximize distribution of the combined DSL connection?

Thanks.

JG
  •  
henrysbox

If you want to use the NAT from your cisco router you can simply just configure your firewall as (transparent or proxy). the same you can still get the benefit of the firewall and the antivirus protection.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

You can't do this with WinRoute Firewall. No bandwidth sharing / load balancing.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
JGALT

^ No. What I mean is that I will place the Kerio Winroute Machine "behind" the DUAL WAN Router. So technically, the connection is directly between DUAL WAN and the Winroute Machine at first.

The DUAL WAN Router will do all of the load-balancing and DSL redundancy for the Winroute Machine. What I need from Kerio Winroute is the firewall security and to the one to "share" the internet connection to the rest of my local machines.

But my problem was I can NOT make the Winroute Machine share the DSL connection (as provided by the router when it combined 2 different DSL connections). I am under the impression NAT from the Router and NAT from the Winroute machine is causing the problems.

So my inquiry is how to resolve NAT being performed by the DUAL WAN Router and the NAT on the Kerio Winroute machine, since I believe this might be the culprit in my attempts in sharing DSL to our LAN......
  •  
winkelman

If your dual wan router realy functions as a NAT-router, you do not need to perform NAT in KWF. Simply use KMF as a normal non-NATing router so there's no double NATing performed.

You could create a /30 (255.255.255.252) subnet between KWF and your DUAL WAN router.
Previous Topic: Kerio Winroute Firewall 6.2.0, but not runing msn messenger :(
Next Topic: KWF 6.2.0 patch 1 100% CPU usage :(
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 03:04:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00385 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.