Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple POP3 accounts
  •  
davido

Send a private message to this user
I work in a company with all 40 users currently downloading email from individual pop3 accounts from our ISP.
I am urrently testing KMS and have an interesting general question (I think!) regarding downloading email from multiple pop3 accounts.

Is it stupid to keep these 40 mailboxes going with our very reliable, trouble-free ISP and download each users mail to KMS by creating individual pop3 download accounts in KMS and scheduling a download every 5 minutes for all?

Could I experience timeout issues with all accounts collecting simultaneously and with many messages over 1MB?

My logic is to keep the ISP pop3 accounts going as a backup (and not having all our eggs in the same basket) rather than changing MX records to deliver mail directly to KMS.

Any comments appreciated.
  •  
frankxs

What problem are you trying to solve?

-Frank
  •  
davido

Not a problem yet - just want to set up KMS in the most efficient way and looking for feedback from other users who might have the same setup downloading from multiple pop3 accounts.
  •  
winkelman

Until last week I had my KMS pop3 about 80 mailboxes every 4 minutes. I never had any problems with this setup. KMS does not pop3 all accounts at once. AFAIK it will do one after the other, with a few POP3 connections (~3 or 4) simultaneous.

This was all internally on my LAN, so I don't know how the 1Mbit line might affect things.
Previous Topic: But can Kerio do this?
Next Topic: Custom print message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 11:20:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.