Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Block Invalid Caller ID/SPF...
  •  
opaque

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I was wondering if the option to reject mail that has invalid SPF/Caller ID means it rejects mail that cannot be verified (including ones from domains without caller ID/SPF support), or does it just block messages that specifically say that that IP is not permitted to send emails from testdomain.com?

I don't want to block invalid Caller ID if it also blocks domains that dont support it. Thanks

P C N X .com - your pc annex :: computing news at your fingertips
  •  
winkelman

It will only reject mail from domains that do have CallerID setup, but the mail isn't originating from the listed domains mail server. Mails from domains without CallerID will be accepted. You're just not sure the mail actually is from who it says it is.

So setting up CallerID or SPF records for your own domain prevents others from sending mail 'in your name' (well, at least to servers that do the check).
  •  
opaque

What if our own mail server has no caller ID/SPF? I use register.com's DNS and they don't provide this functionality. Can I just set up my IP addresses as exempted? Thanks!

•  
sedell

If you don't have a record published, you have nothing to worry about. The lookup will not succeed, and SPF/Caller-ID check will not be done.

register.com doesn't let you publish TXT records? That's all that's needed to set up SPF and Caller-ID.

Scott
  •  
opaque

Oh, I see.

Nope, not that I can see. It's always been A, C Name, MX. Personally I hate their new interface. Their old one was much easier to use.

Previous Topic: E-mails forwarding all over..
Next Topic: Enable SPAM repellent just for non-ssl SMTP Server?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:55:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.