Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Open connections
  •  
user152

Send a private message to this user
When I use P2P (with max 45 connections) I get "Connection limit for 700 connections reached" every 5 seconds. Even when I turn P2P off, there is still open connections in Administration Console -> Connections window.
index.php?t=getfile&id=861&private=0

Traffic rule "Firewall traffic" is set this way:
Source - Firewall; Destination - Internet (interface); Service - Any.

Another rule opens TCP and UDP connections to specified port to allow incoming P2P connections. After restarting system (P2P is off), there is about 20 open UDP connections following that rule.
LAN traffic is minimal.

Q: Why connections are kept open for so long (or even exist at all when P2P program is turned off)? And following attached pic it seems almost no data is received/transferred (0-0.2 KB)

Another Q: How can I enable/dissable Internet connections for particular file/program?

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2006 14:35]

•  
Outbreaker

I have this problem also and it sucks.
This Connection Limit and Connection Counter is a joke.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Connection limits are very important for security and companies know that. If you have a legitimate license I advise to contact our technical support.

Anyway, setting P2P program to use 45 simultaneous "active" connections does not mean it will not try to contact hundreds of peers in the Internet.
  •  
Outbreaker

If i let eMule running from 10 minutes then eMule is showing me this connection stats:
Active Connections (estimate): 238 (Half:1 | Compl:192 | Other:45)
And WinRoute is showing this:
Connections: 1156
And also if i close eMule then the Connections will only drop very slow in WinRoute.
And TCPViewer is also showing me +/- the same stats like the eMule stats.
So what is WinRoute counting there ?
I have also a Hardware Router that has also a option like this but the Hardware Router is showing me the connection stats like i see them in eMule.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 May 2009 23:50]

•  
RoadKingRick

I hate be so basic as to play the virus card, but this was the exact thing that tipped me off to a Conficker infection we had. Conficker makes hundreds of connections as it tries to "phone home" Malwarebytes free utility is pretty good at identifying Conficker, and there are some good standalone removal tools.
Please check this soon, it spreads like wildfire. It even infected machines through the network that had no DNS or internet gateway (we use fixed IP's), so those machines would never show up on the Firewall, but they could continue to infect other unpatched machines on the network.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:44]

•  
pictureplace

good information...Thanks buddy...
Previous Topic: Can't make any port mappings, please help [resolved]
Next Topic: Force user into a single NIC - Internet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 05:50:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.