Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Services stop responding
  •  
Joost

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I was wondering if someons has the same problem as we have.
Since a couple of weeks Kerio MailServer suddenly stops responding radomly. SMTP, POP, IMAP services aren't available anymore. We then look at the Kerio service (in the windows servicelist) but this is still running. We stop the proces and it gives an error it couldn't stop. After this we the service is stopped and we can start it again.

Every thing seems to be working after this. Just untill the whole thing happends again.

We have checked the event logs, Kerio logs even turned on some debug logs. But nothing is giving a hint on where to look for the problem.

There isn't even a lot of trafic at those moments. The peaks in trafic are much higher and don't cause any problems.

Is there anyone who has had simmelar problems?
  •  
guig

hi,

this could happen when using a "manual" update for McAfee with a *.bat and Windows "task scheduler" ...
the command stops the service but sometimes, cannot restart it :-(

guig
  •  
Joost

Thanks for the reply,

we don't use manual update. We have Kerio set to look for updates every hour and update when needed.

Could this also be an issue. Lets say Kerio doens't do well with the auto-update??

That could explain the random behavior and the strange times.

•  
guig

Joost wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 13:04

Lets say Kerio doens't do well with the auto-update??

i don't think so ...
the only reason that some users update "dat" files directly on McAfee's ftp server is to reduce a potential delay of availability between Kerio and McAfee.
  •  
Joost

There is no manual update done for Kerio. Also I had the autoupdate option of for a day or two, but the Kerio service still kept on quitting on me.

Any other ideas of whay might cause this problem?
Previous Topic: clamav
Next Topic: Localised Domain Footer
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:39:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.