Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate from Tenon Post.Office to Kerio Mailserver
  •  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
For numerous reasons, our company has decided to switch our email server from Post.Office, from Tenon Intersystems, to Kerio MailServer. We only have 35 email accounts, so setting those up manually is no big issue. However, two of those accounts are IMAP accounts. What is the best process for moving all of the mail in those IMAP accounts to Kerio?

So far, the only solution I can think of is to copy all of the emails in those accounts to the local desktop. Crank up the Kerio Mailserver and copy the emails from the local desktop to the new accounts.

The only issue I have with this method, is that often, that changes the "received" date to the current date. I will now have thousands of emails with the same "received" date instead of the original dates. Any suggestions for a better method?
  •  
mathieuf

I did this exact migration (Post.Office to KMS) in May but with over 200 accounts.
In terms of the account themselves I had to recreate them manually in KMS. Once that was done I used the IMAP migration script availble from http://people.kerio.com/jwu/tools.html to move the INBOX mail stores from Post.Office to KMS.
Lots of prep work (you need to have a text files with account names and passwords to use the tool) but for us it was worth it.

•  
jstrickland

mathieuf wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 05:05

I did this exact migration (Post.Office to KMS) in May but with over 200 accounts.
In terms of the account themselves I had to recreate them manually in KMS. Once that was done I used the IMAP migration script availble from http://people.kerio.com/jwu/tools.html to move the INBOX mail stores from Post.Office to KMS.
Lots of prep work (you need to have a text files with account names and passwords to use the tool) but for us it was worth it.

Thanks for the link. I will certainly take a look at this.
  •  
osci

Quote:

So far, the only solution I can think of is to copy all of the emails in those accounts to the local desktop. Crank up the Kerio Mailserver and copy the emails from the local desktop to the new accounts.

The only issue I have with this method, is that often, that changes the "received" date to the current date. I will now have thousands of emails with the same "received" date instead of the original dates. Any suggestions for a better method?

Hum, do you have a ratio of how much time you got this behavior ? We are migrating 80 users in 3 weeks (all POP3 accounts with an average of 744 MB of mail per user...). I made some tests with Mail.app (drag&drop of a IMAP account to my Kerio test account) and most emails retained the correct date, so maybe it's a Entourage problem (I really hate Entourage but it's the only fully intregated groupware client on the Mac...).
Previous Topic: Entourage and caching
Next Topic: Validating my thinking
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:18:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.