Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Validating my thinking
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Send a private message to this user
I am in the process of converting 20 KMS email clients from POP3 to IMAP/Exchange all using Entourage 2004 SP2.

These are the steps I think I need to take to make the conversion.

1. I need to delete the POP email accounts in Entourage for each user.

2. I need to create an IMAP email acccount in Entourage for each user with the Exchange settings for public folders, etc.

3. To get the folders/email/calendar/contacts that is currently in each user's Entourage database (POP) on to the server, I need to drag each one of these items in the IMAP folders.

Have I hit the nail on the head? Am I close or way off base?

Feedback appreciated.

TIA

Len Levin

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You're close but there is more straightforward way. Add new Exchange account to current Entourage 2004 profile and drag&drop all emails, calendars and contacts from personal folders (POP3 account) to appropriate folders in (Kerio) Exchange account.
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

Pavel,

Thanks for the reply.

So I don't have to change the current POP to an IMAP, just add the Exchange account.

Do I delete the POP account after dragging everything to the Kerio Account?

Do I than create a IMAP account?

What would you recommend for a mobile, PowerBook, user?

Thanks.

Len
  •  
osci

Quote:

Do I delete the POP account after dragging everything to the Kerio Account?

If you want, but make sure that everything is copied over. We made some tests before our migration and sometimes Entourage will not copy all emails from folders from the POP3 account to the Kerio account.

Quote:

Do I than create a IMAP account?

If you use Exchange-style account, don't create a IMAP account.
  •  
len@bizsysconsulting.com

If you want, but make sure that everything is copied over. We made some tests before our migration and sometimes Entourage will not copy all emails from folders from the POP3 account to the Kerio account.

Did you ever delete the POP accounts?

Do you have any experience with Mobile users? Should they stay as POP with an Exchange account for Contact, Calendar and Public folder sharing. This would mean that they couldn't see any on the web except what is in their 'InBox'.

Thanks.

Len
Previous Topic: Migrate from Tenon Post.Office to Kerio Mailserver
Next Topic: Filtering external domains to recive mail.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:35:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.