Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Adding addresses to webmail contacts
  •  
remodb

Send a private message to this user
As far as I can tell, there are three ways to get contacts populated in the webmail "Contacts" folder (so as to be available when composing messages).

The first is to run Outlook with the Kerio Outlook Connector. Unfortunately, KOC doesn't work in offline mode so it is useless to us. And once you remove KOC, the contacts that DID populate to the webmail "Contacts" disappear.

The second is to manually add contacts one at a time.

The third is to receive vCards as attachments in messages and add them from there. Unfortunately, this is a one-at-a-time scenario as well.

I've found that, if I get the syntax for the contact file correct, I can manually place contact files into the user's "Contacts" folder on the server, rename index.fld and the contacts will be available for webmail use.

Has anyone found a better way to do this? Is there a way to import contacts?

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Are you looking to add your users to the pubilc contact folder, are you talking about adding personal contacts to your personal contact folder?

If it is the first you can use the Publish feature that is built into the Admin Console. This is found in the Users section, and the Publish button is at the bottom right.

If it is the second, you would need to use another program such as KOC or Entourage to copy the contacts from the local machine to the server folder, and after that you can view them in the Webmail interface.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
mitch

Sounds like you need the Kerio Synchronization Plug-in. Install this little program to synchronize the Outlook address book with Kerio MailServer, without KOC. It also syncs calendar events.

Download it from the Kerio MailServer download page:
http://www.kerio.com/kms_download.html
  •  
remodb

That looks really great for the Outlook contacts. Is there anything more generic for the non-Outlook users?
  •  
mitch

Unfortunately, not that I am aware of.
Previous Topic: Footer+logo
Next Topic: Problems accessing Public calendars via iCal
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:00:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.